Love Your Life - Here We Go Again

#loveyourlife

One thing I want to be sure of is happiness. I think we all look for happiness in our lives. Everyone wants to be happy, but a lot of times I think we get lost on exactly what makes us happy. I think we see two different sides of a coin when it comes to happiness, we either believe that perfection is what makes us happy, or on the opposite side, that happiness is being able to do whatever the freak we want and not giving two poops about it. In reality happiness is a lot of different things, but I have found that it is mostly, confidence. Confidence that you can make good decisions that will bring you happiness and then when the consequences of your decisions come to fruition, not feeling guilty for them, but being confident in what you are receiving... aka HAPPINESS. 

I'm super awful at confidence. And that is why I've come to the conclusion that I've got to get my thoughts out there. I've got to make changes, make decisions, and be ok with them. Love your life, is something I have always thought of in relation to happiness, because if you don't love something, how well taken care of is that thing? Now, let me be really honest, I'm not consistent and I'm not perfect, but I am trying to love my life. I'm trying everyday to be confident in who I am and love the place that I am in. I've been going to therapy regularly and talking things out with a therapist for the past couple of months. It has been great to have someone to talk to, someone who will give me feedback and recognize my fears and help me to build my strengths. You should never feel ashamed to talk to a therapist. Thankfully it seems like the stigma of doing so is going the way of all the earth, because it truly is helpful!

Two years ago I went for one month taking a picture a day to represent something that I loved about my life and myself. I look back on those pictures and I see some hard times, good time, and also some lessons learned. As I come up on my twenty seventh birthday, next week, I realize that I am not who or where I thought I would be. I realize that the girl I was a year ago or two years ago was much more resilient than the girl I am now. Ahead of me lies so much more and I can't afford to be lost or unhappy. I must soldier on and keep working towards something that matters. I have been confused lately as to what really matters, but I think maybe I’ve figured it out...LIFE is what matters, the everyday little moments are what matter. So, for my twenty seventh year I am going to attempt what I've always wanted. I'm going to give more thought to my day to day. I'm going to live each day as best I can. Some days, it won't be my very best, but it will be my best for that day.

What I'm hoping is that there is someone out there that is going to come along for the ride. I’m hoping that I can make other people think about their own lives, consider new ideas, not feel alone when things are hard, and most of all, bring happiness and joy whenever possible. Now, I’ve done this multiple times before and have failed, given up, or just lost momentum. But I am tired of giving up. So, let’s do this!

- Shelby Lou

Comments

Popular Posts