Introducing....


So for those of you who don't know me too well I thought I might introduce myself and the name of my blog. My first name is Shelby, my middle name is Lou. Occasionally I get the nickname of Shelbs and so when I went to pick a name for my blog I really wanted to incorporate my nick name and my middle name, so it's a little tricky, but it is pronounced Shelbs-e-lou. I served a mission for my church in New York City and I spoke Spanish, so I am using the "y" like the Spanish do and that's how you get it to sound like an "e". I've been writing this blog for many years off and on, so you can take a stroll through the archives and witness some pretty embarrassing stuff, but that's really up to you.

As for me myself, I am 26 years old and I live in Las Vegas. I am a licensed customer service representative for an insurance company, AKA I sit at a desk all day long, well, from 9 to 5. Like Dolly would say, "Just tryin' to make a livin'". I go to college at the College of Southern Nevada and as of this post, I am only one math class away from graduating with my associates of arts degree. Hallelujah! I'm not a fan of school, it just isn't my forte.

Health wise, I've never really been the athletic type. When I was a sophomore in high school I joined the track team because I wanted an excuse to wear cute sweats on "game" day. But, in reality I was just your basic run of the mill stick-thin girly girl who has really bad luck with any sport that has equipment, balls, frisbees, hurdles, bats, anything of the sort would be guaranteed to hit me directly in the glasses. Because of course, I wear glasses! Throughout high school I had contacts for a while, but one day my eyes decided they were going to reject all foreign objects, so I wear them pretty much all of the time now. Which makes for interesting Crossfit sessions when it gets to hot and they fog up and I can't see. 



Although I was never really good at much, I've always been pretty decent at running. I once trained for and ran a half marathon, which was a lot of fun and a lot hard work. Earlier this year I was introduced to Crossfit by a internet friend on Instagram. She has the most amazing work ethic and drive and I was just floored by the results and the difference in her entire life just by doing this one thing. It took me a while but I eventually found myself in the box. For all non-crossfit peeps, that is what people call the gym we work out in (the box). My dear friend Heidi invited me and my friend Montana to go with her on bring a friend day. It was so hard and so scary, but I was immediately addicted. I ended up going back with her a few more times and then decided to take my foundations and join up. That was in June of this year, 2016. Since then, with the exception of a couple of weeks, I've gone pretty consistently 4 to 5 times a week.

Other than this new journey of health and fitness I enjoy, watching Netflix, reading books, hanging out with my nieces and nephews, hiking, RZR rides, shooting guns, talking about Crossfit and pretty much any excuse to eat ice cream. 



Now that you know a little bit more about me, tell me about you! Who are you on the other side of the screen? What makes you happy? Spill it in the comments below.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts