My Life Soundtrack, So Far.

I had, yet again, another brilliant idea. It is awesome... and I am in love with it, so I am going to share it with all of you. My musical taste. My memories of music, or should I say, music that brings back memories, smells, and visions of my past. Let me start from when I was young.

Brian White- Rebecca Lynn
Circa 1995 or 96 I believe. I'm not quite sure... All I know, is that I was born and raised on country music until about 6th grade when I was introduced to Mix 94.1 and Nsync. One time on a family vacation we sang Brian White so loud in the car that I'm pretty sure my Dad (the father of 3 girls) threw the CD out of the window. Ah, the good times.

Tim McGraw- Don't Take The Girl
My Dad is a truck driver, has been, ever since I've known him. Truth. So, being a truck driver your daddy can leave home at a moments notice, and for a long time. He would go "Far, Far, Away" all of the time. BUT he always brought back hotel room keys and lotions for me to play house with. (Presents) So, when he was home I would go into his room and turn on the country radio station and hope and pray that my song would come on. This song, by Tim McGraw. I would stand up on the bed and rock this song like a ballad on Glee. No jokes. It was great. GREAT.

NSYNC- Bye Bye Bye
Do I have to explain this? NSYNC was my first concert, my sisters and I were OBSESSED! I loved every minute of it. Too bad I was in love with Lance, why did he have to turn gay?

Brittany Spears- Lucky
Indeed, I loved me some Brittany back in the day. I loved this song. Especially during my "teenage years" when I felt all sad and lonely. I loved this.

Atreyu- Bleeding Mascara
Where you expecting that? I don't think so. I started falling in "like" with this really hawt and awesome guy my freshmen year of high school. He listened to screamo music, so I did too. I did whatever I could to get him to like me. He made me mix cd's like crazy, and I sucked up all the goodness of screamo music. Then, I met my great friend named Danielle and we rocked out to this song in her boyfriends truck over and over again while we ditched school almost everyday.

Which led me to...
Brand New- Seventy Times 7
However the band may feel about this CD doesn't matter, I really could give a crap if they thought it was their worst CD ever. I LOVED IT! This song was my favorite. Jordan and I would drive to the cabin and blast this at the top of the radio volume. It was awesome, we lost our voice, and we had a great time.

The Rocket Summer- TV Family
Oh this dear love of mine. Listen to this song and let your heart melt. This reminds me of High School, driving with the windows down.. driving late at night as fast as I can to get home. Before they put those three new stop lights between me and Lori's house. DRAT. I hate those stop lights.

The Early November- Ever So Sweet
My current ringtone, my favorite song, my song for when I let go of people... like I always do. I have a tendency of pushing people away and this song just let me sing for the hell of it. I love TEN.

There is a portion of my life that I'm not sure what I listened to, and I can't pin-point a certain song but I can give a few band names. Like Usher, The Shins, The Hives, The Hush Sound, Switchfoot, This Providence, Tegan and Sara, Jason Aldean, The Format,Cream, and many others. There was also a month my Junior year when I exclaimed to my friend Eldon that rapped sucked and I hated it. It was "Retards Attempting Poetry" in my eyes. He looked at me and told me I was dumb, and that I had no idea what was really behind it all. I told him I'd give it a try but I bet I would think it was ridiculous anyways. I listened to Rap music and only rap music for an entire month. Chamillionare, Tupac, everyone you can think of, and a lot of people you can't think of. I now appreciate rap, but like other styles of music more. It was a lesson I needed to learn.

Kelis-Bossy
I walked out to this at State Board Student Council conference. This is the song my fellow peers picked for me, are you serious? Yeah... weird.

Rocky Votolato-Lilly White- Wrong Side of Reno
A boy broke up with me. BUT not before introducing me to the best artist I have ever heard, aside from my love, ACE ENDERS - who wont make the list exactly, just because his songs haven't helped me through a crisis or anything unless you count the Church History Tour, I guess then you can count him... the song Reaction. OK... moving on. Rocky Votolato is the king of folkish music that rocks your soul and brings you to tears if you let it. I love me some Rocky.

Andy Grammer-Numbers- Casual
This reminds me of Logan. Driving down the streets in Logan, sitting in the sunny patch of light on the floor of my room and crying and laughing with my dear Jane. I love Andy Grammer and he will always hold a special place in my heart. (Check out his Facebook page for music, he is brilliant.)

I added the Playlist to the bottom of this post. Not all the songs are there, but I tried, most of them are... and in order!! Listen, let my life maybe seep into yours through music. Give all the songs a chance. They are great. FANTASTIC even. I love music, and I never share that love with ya'll. So, here it is, and I am proud to say I never regret any of it. I love it all. Every feeling that comes through is like a trip down memory lane, bad, good, whatever. I LOVE IT!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Comments

  1. This is such a great post idea! Um, permission to steal it? haha

    {1.}Don't Take the Girl was one of my FAVS! I love that song still.

    {2.} Atreyu? Brand-New? The Early November?! LOVE THEM ALL!!

    Your music taste rules...well except for the Nsync part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This WAS a really good idea! I love it! And you have pretty much have amazing musical taste. You listed a lot of my favorites in all types of genres. I still love The Hush Sound & Tegan and Sara.

    I think I'm just gonna keep your blog up with this playlist going for a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely thought I was the only one who loved Seventy Times Seven! And of course..country music. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No. Way. NSYNC was my first concert too haha. I got a a baseball tee with Justin's curly head screened onto the front, it was the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty sure i LOVED this post!! nsync and britney always bring me back to good ol 6th grade. ok so here is the real question, did you ever get into aaron carter? second question: nysnc or backstreet boys? ps you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I WANT CANDY!!! Dude, I sang that with my BFF Blair, he sounded just like Aaron, high voice and all! haha NSYNC ten times more than Backstreet Boys. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. i might have seen rocket summer 8 times in concert. and those 8 shows never disappointed. it makes me sad that i forget to listen to them nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha atreyu made me laugh, did not expect that at all. I got into some pretty hard rock but could never accept screamo. pretty much the only atreyu song i can listen to is 'falling down'. pretty much cuz there is no screaming.

    that was cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my god, I love "Don't Take the Girl"--so good. Country music was such a big part of my life growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay so what about Boot Scootin Boogie? I have many memories of Little Shelbs rockin out singing and dancing to that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts