January & February Adventures

There is so much I've been wanting to write about lately. Politics being a big one. Ever since I started volunteering and following the campaign trail for the presidential election I have wanted to voice my opinion on things. It isn't that easy though. People don't talk about politics with their friends for a reason, it isn't an easy subject. Maybe eventually I will get the guts to sit down and really write. Maybe.

For now I will just talk about how my New Year's resolutions are coming. I haven't kept most of them. My healthy kick last about two weeks. My journaling kick lasted half of that time. My reading goals have been nonexistent this month. There is only one thing that has really stuck; having at least one adventure every month.

In January I went to New York City with Britny and Kjarinda. It was a spontaneous trip. I bought my tickets on December 31st and we hardly planned a thing. We did so much on that trip that it felt like a lifetime had passed when we were ready to leave. We went everywhere and saw everything, or at least it felt like it.






In February I have gone on two adventures. Adventure number one was out camping for a night with my sister Emily and her family. We went out to the beautiful Nevada desert and stayed the night. The next day we sat around and did nothing and also went on a few little four wheeler rides. I thought it would be fun to have my nephew Carter chauffeur me around, that was until he tried going up a steep hill and got scared so I fell off the back of the four wheeler. Luckily we weren't going fast at all and no one was hurt. It was an adventure though!




My second adventure was going to a bluegrass concert this past weekend with my friend Kendall. I didn't know much about bluegrass and still don't, but after going to see the Infamous Stringdusters, I really like it. The concert was down at the Brooklyn Bowl and it was super late at night. It was a lot of fun and something out of the ordinary.


Some of my other adventures this year include, but are not limited to; Disneyland, Chris Stapelton, camping, Boston, Garth Brooks, cabin time, girls camp, and probably a bunch of other little things. This is one resolution I feel really good about.  

Here are some other pictures of things that have happened lately this year that maybe you might want to see as well...








Comments

Popular Posts