Start Over Magic

Today while I was at church I felt this spiritual switch turn on inside of me. For the past few months I have been quite down and out. It hasn't really been the best year and it started to catch up to me. However, today while I was sitting in sacrament meeting I had this thought come into my head, "Start over, pick yourself up right where you are and start again. Nothing else matters." And you know what, I listened to it. I took the bread and water and afterwards I felt brand new. It was the most amazing feeling.

Something that was said during the meeting was that often times we do good things to justify that we are good people, not necessarily because we want to. The problem with doing good to be good for the sake of not feeling guilty is that it doesn't work that well. There seems to be a fine line between faking it until you make it, and really making it. I know that sometimes it is easier to just put a smile on and pretend that you're happy making the "right" choices, and doing the "right" thing. But the difference is how you feel inside. Are you doing the things you want to do because it makes you feel right or are you doing the things you want to do just because you have to? There is a huge difference.

Today was magic. Magic doesn't happen all that often. The thing with magic though is that is meant to be remembered. When you have a day where you feel on top of the world. When you feel like temptations and strife are strewn beneath your feet, bottle it up, and remember how it feels. Because there will be days, weeks, and months that you will want to give up and give in. And in those moments, you will be so happy that you have those memories of magic. Those memories will be what pulls you up and dusts you off, what help you to say to yourself, "Start over, pick yourself up right where you are and start again. Nothing else matters."



Comments

Popular Posts