A Mixed Bag - The Past Six Months

Life lately has been a mixed bag. There have been so many different things happening in my life, mostly good, but some not-so-much. That is normal though, I mean it's life. We are almost halfway through the year, and I just felt like I should give a recap of my feelings thus far, and what better way than through gifs? Really, there is not a better way...

The year started off with a bang, my travel plans for New York came along nicely and BAM! I was off...

Coming back from New York was hard, it was a huge slap back to reality...

But I moved on rather quickly and did my best to go with the flow. Anxiety overcame me a couple of times and I felt pretty low and depressed...

But then I got asked out on a couple of dates a few weeks in a row and it was like a whole new me was born!

Sadly enough, I think that boys are what got me out of my funk and into my normal self for a while there. Them, and seminary. Teaching seminary was the best thing to happen to me and even though it was super early, I always felt better after teaching.

I was/am still incredibly awkward when it comes to the opposite sex and my dating life is slim, I mean I'm not sure why a guy wouldn't want this...

In truth though, I'm being very picky and I think it's doing me some good.

Although, maybe I shouldn't be too picky because I could end up having panic attacks everyday and that would be horrible. I say that because I have had a two HUGE panic attacks at the YSA Regional activities so far this year. The most recent one I left 30 minutes into it because I was doing that sob-cry where you can't breathe and you feel like your heart is going to burst from your chest.

It was horrible. Now I've got everyone asking me why I'm not married and who I'm dating and all I can think is, I can't go anywhere with anyone that I don't know. Do you have your exit buddy?!

Which has made me grateful for good friends, the old and the new. Also, through all of this, I have learned how awesome the gospel is and how without it, I am nothing. It really has been my saving grace the last six months and I am totally fine with that.

The thing people don't talk about when it comes to being single is that 80% of the time you are totally fine with your situation and that you have a lot of hope. It's just that 20% that tends to come out when you're in a group of people, then everyone thinks your desperate or something when in reality you're like...

I've learned a few more things this year as well, here is a short list:
I hate talking to mean people on the phone, it makes me mean.

Outside is so much better than inside.

I mean really, every time I go outside I just get so happy. It is a drug, and it's totally free and I just can't get enough of it.

If you eat lots of crappy food you will feel crappy, especially if you have anxiety. It's like putting a bunch of knives in a garbage disposal and hoping for the best when you turn it on.

You can't make someone like you. You just can't.

People tend to believe that the world revolves around them and they just need to get over it.

And that sometimes on rough days, you just have to exit like a boss.

Comments

  1. haha this post made me smile! Miss you girl!

    xoxo
    Lauren R. (SCANDINAVIA!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts