Who Even Are You?


I deleted all my drafts, all of them. I decided a clean slate was better than a messy one. So I just deleted everything. I guess maybe it doesn't count that I saved them in a document on my desktop, but for now my drafts are empty and all I see are finished posts. 1024 finished blog posts. I've done this before and I can do it again. I don't know why every few weeks I have to post about getting back into writing, or say how I'm going to do better. It makes me feel accountable for a little while, but then I just give in and stop. This is a sign, this is a prophecy coming true. There is a line in a blessing that was given to me that says, "The evil one would seek to destroy the blessings you bring to mortality."

Anxiety, depression, self-loathing, procrastination, guilt, pride, and anger. These are all things that he seeks to destroy me with. He wants to see me die, to myself, and to God. He doesn't want my success, unless my success means failure. He doesn't care about who I was, who I am, or who I will become. His joy is seeing me struggle. His life's work is to see me give up, give in, and give out. There is no one more determined to witness my eternal destruction than him.

He will not win. He cannot come out conquerer.

I am who I am, and he will not stop that.

I am a daughter of God. I am a soul with the knowledge of the truth.


As I go throughout my life, I will stand tall against the enemy of righteousness. He will have no power to overcome me. My writing may not be perfect. I may not always have something profound and beautiful to say, but I will not let him have even the smallest victory.


These pictures represent me, in just a few of my happiest moments. Moments that no one can destroy, and that only I can remember perfectly. When I look at these pictures I see who I really am, and who I can become. This clean slate will prove to be the strengthening power that I need to inch forward, one step at a time and maybe even take a leap once-in-a-while.  I will be everything I've ever dreamed of and he will not win, let the fight begin!

Comments

Popular Posts