Love One Another

This week I learned that I am the luckiest girl I know. I am so lucky to have the friends that I have in my life. I have had so many good experiences with friendship and love this past week. The biggest thing that stands out is what happened on Friday. On Friday during work I got a bouquet of flowers delivered to me. I love surprises, so when the delivery lady said they were for me, I was over-the-moon excited. The rest of the day I just sat there looking at my flowers wishing I could hug them, because they meant so much to me. My heart felt like it was soaring, I was so happy. I found out who they were from and I was even more happy to know that I had such good friends in my life.


It is so important to love other people. In my seminary class on Thursday morning I left them with the thought that has always touched my heart so deeply; there are two kinds of people in this world - the ones we love, and the ones we do not know. How true it is.

As I sat in sacrament meeting today I looked around at the people there. Everyone sitting reverently as the bread and water were passed. I had this thought pop into my head, we are all journeying to the same place, yet we are not at the same point on the path. It makes my eyes well up with tears just thinking about it. Because lately I have had so little compassion for the paths and pace of the people around me. Sometimes when we are moving forward we feel like everyone else should be right along side us. We tend to forget the times when we were the ones behind and wondering when we were going to catch up. We have to remember. We have to remember our hard times so that we can be compassionate and loving to those going through similar things.

Making good friends is so important. It is so important to surround yourself with good people who are on the same path as you. The thing is, you can't expect anyone to move at the same pace as you. Occasionally you find someone who seems to be going along the path right beside you, and it is great. What is important to remember however, is that we won't always be at the same spot as those around us.

I have found myself being so judgmental lately. My life is not to be measured against anyone else's and neither is their's to be measured to mine. The best thing we can do for each other is love one another unconditionally. No matter where someone is on the path, no matter their speed, we must love everyone- always.

Jesus Christ loves everyone. He loves us all so much he gave his life for us. He suffered for US. For you, individually. Everything he did, he did because he loves us and he loves his Father, our Father.

"Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God."- Moroni 10:32

Outfit Deats:
Blouse: Lush - Found at Nordstrom Rack
Skirt: Jolt - Found at Nordstroms
Shoes: Vince Camuto

Comments

  1. You are definitely in front of me. You inspire me to be better Shelby Lou. I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I definitely have lost my direction/goal/drive. You continue to be a great example and make me think of the gospel every day, even if it was the last thing on my list. Thanks for being you and thanks for being strong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best friends forever my dear friend, thanks for the flowers- but more importantly the Christlike love. :D

      Delete
  2. Shelby your so awesome! that was a really good blog, I enjoyed it and completely agree with it!
    Miss you hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelby your so awesome! that was a really good blog, I enjoyed it and completely agree with it!
    Miss you hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts