What Is Best

(This picture has nothing to do with anything, besides that I want to be in the woods right now..)

The more people I welcome into my life, the harder it gets for me to decide what path I should take. I see some friendships fall off to the wayside and others come bounding onto the pathway- full force. The problem isn't having too many friends, the problem is having too many choices. This life that we lead, is full of choices. We get to decide where we go and how we get there.

I just want what's best.

I was thinking about that though, and I came to the realization that, what is best changes with your circumstance. What might be the best thing for you right now, probably wasn't the best thing for you a month ago. And as life gives us different challenges we begin to develop and grow into these beings who are somehow equip to handle whatever it may be. Of course, I probably don't look like I'm "handling" it very well when I'm being curt and rude to the person on the other end of the phone at work. Which I always, immediately regret doing - a start.

What I believe and try to know, is that there is no other way. To me, the only way to have true, lasting, happiness is through Christ. I believe this because I have seen it - even when doubts try to force their way into my head, like they are right now. I can still remember the sight of my Mom and sister waiting for me in the lobby of the temple after I went through for the first time. I remember hugging my Mom and seeing her tears. I remember my sister whispering in my ear, "I should've been there." And in those memories, although they may seem sad, I see true happiness. I see how the absence of peace created a divide between everlasting and temporal happiness. Two years later, I saw that space filled-to-overflowing, as my sister entered the temple herself, obtaining that everlasting happiness.

I just want what's best.

We can all relate to wanting to be happy. The only one that doesn't want that is Satan. He wants to see you destroy yourself, slowly. He lives to see you give-in, give-up and not give a crap. Yet no matter what, he will not win. Evil will not overcome good, not in the grand scheme of things. The battle is already won, and there is only one way to come out on the winning side, faith.

Faith is love in action. Love for God, love for Christ, love for our fellow men. When we love and we decide that on the path we are on, we are going to love whoever comes across it, we choose the right way. So as you go along your path and the scenery changes, the people come and go, remember to love. Love as best you can, without fear, and whatever is best- will happen.

Comments

Popular Posts