Response

Yesterday's response to my idea to do fashion blogging was better than I had expected. There was no flood of confirmation, but there was a, go ahead and try. So this morning after teaching early morning seminary, I went out to the mountains. (Which are basically in my backyard.)



There are so many great things about the outdoors. If you wake up early enough, like I do two days a week, you get to be outside when it is still dark. Today I saw the moon dip below the ridge of the mountains. A big ball of white sinking into a mass of blue. I was taken aback in a moment of reverence as I watched the moon disappear.

My favorite though, is the drive home from work. I live in the best of all deserts, the colors are so vivid and cool, bright but soft. The purples, blues, greens, pinks, and yellows seem to come to life in the evening. I love it so much.



The cool thing about life, is that there is always so much to enjoy. My problems with anxiety don't come from a lack of things, they come from an overwhelming amount of things. Things that matter, things that don't. But one of the greatest things in life is nature. It is one of the many things that I can stop and appreciate at any given moment. I can be having one of the worst days anxiety wise, then step outside, and for a moment, it all melts away. There truly is nothing better than being outside, not even a TV show on Netflix. It just doesn't make up for the beauty of the earth. I think we take for granted the most free source of happiness.




One thing I've been thinking of doing as well, is starting a hiking club. I love to hike. It is the best exercise, and it's so much fun. You always feel accomplished when you hike, and it seems like everything is just better. My Mom and I went on a hike a couple of weeks ago and I was telling her, if I could do anything it would be to just stay outside and walk/hike around in beautiful weather, and get paid for it. That would be awesome. Could you imagine?



Thanks for reading my blog and looking at my pictures. I'm don't have a tripod so everything is pretty tricky when it comes to taking pictures of myself with a big camera, but eventually I might get one. For now though, this will work.

Outfit deats.
Jacket- Boutique Store (It was my moms)
Blouse- Target
Skirt- Dillards
Shoes- Jessica Simpson

Note: I do realize that both my shirt and jacket are a little too big for me, and it became more and more apparent throughout the day today. What do you do about clothes you love, but that are just a little big? Do you get things altered? Do you just tuck it all in? How do you deal with it?

Comments

Popular Posts