It's Gonna Be Ok

My laptop is so cold that my wrists hitting it sends shivers down my spine. My house is an icebox, but don't tell my Mother. Mainly because she will disagree with you, or agree and not care, because heating this place is expensive. Nevertheless I'm attempting to blog.

In the past I've alluded to mistakes I've made, just generally touching the surface of them. I'm not here to confess my mistakes to anyone, but there are some things I've struggled with my whole life, that never seem to entirely leave. This week was another down week. Out of strength and triumph came another mistake. My heart is grieving and the pain seems unbearable. But there is something different this time around, and there is something I want to say about it.

If you struggle with something, big or small, that you wish you didn't struggle with... now is the time to change. Not tomorrow, or the next day. Not at the beginning of next month, or the start of the new year. Resolutions are meant to be made daily.

I have struggled a lot with my faith recently. I've felt like God wasn't there and didn't really care about me, and especially this week. I felt betrayed, like he waited too long to show up and by the time he did, it was too late.

The reality of it is, God is never late.

He always comes when we need it most. It is up to us however, to decide how often we need him. Do we need him in times of sorrow, strife, guilt, pain? Or do we need him in happiness, joy, and in times of great success? When do we need him most?

I've come to the conclusion that we need him always, all the time, and forever.

No-brianer?

You would think so, but truly it is much harder than that. I don't have the answers as to why, but I can refer you to something that does, the scriptures. They tell true accounts of people who walk away from their faith, who give up, lose their way, and sometimes, never come back. These people, no matter how dumb and ridiculous they seem at times, are our greatest examples. They show us how the pride cycle works and with their history, remind us of who we are to become. They are not distant, they are right in our hearts. M

Moses led the children of Israel through the red sea on dry ground, just to have them ignore his teachings on the other side. They saw a miracle, and  still they didn't forget themselves and go to work in the service of God. WE DO THE SAME THING. We may not see the sea part, or the Egyptians swallowed up, but we see things every day. We see our loved ones get better, we see our food nourish and strengthen us, but we neglect his spirit.

Don't worry, it's okay. It doesn't have to be this way. We can change, we can resolve to do better. It's part of the plan. We are meant to forget and taught to live anyway. It's going to be ok, no matter how long it takes.

Comments

  1. You are stronger than you even know. And I'm always a text away if you need someone to talk to - because like you, I don't like airing things in their entirety on the blog. Your faith inspires me. Love you long time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts