Singles Ward Pet Peeves

1. The biggest pet peeve of them all... Boy or girl you have experienced this if you have regularly or maybe just once attended a singles ward. The most socially awkward person in the ward follows you everywhere. Now, I don't have a problem with people being socially awkward, I am sometimes, I get it. Also, some people don't have much control over it, but there is a difference between someone who is just different and someone who takes it to a whole new level. I feel rude saying it, but if you ask the same person on a date every time you see them and their answer was no the first, second and third time... that answer isn't likely to change in your favor. My major peeve in the whole situation is just having to avoid that person. You walk around the corner and nearly have a heart attack because you see them standing there, then BAM you turn around to walk the other way and they are right in front of you! I know I'm not alone in this.

2. The Who is Married Comparison. I heard one tonight, "Hey you guys, Charles Manson is getting married, why aren't you getting married?!" Crickets sounded across the room, "Who is Charles Manson?" Oh... Just a SERIAL KILLER! So you're saying that a serial killer is getting married and we are all standing here eating chili and staring at our shoes? Seriously though, horrible comparison. Normally it's just, "well Bobby got married, if he can you can!" Well guess, what my name is not Bobby!!!!

3. The super pushy, "you should be married" talks. Oh Iike I have an experation date and I will rot if not purchased for ten cows to be someone's wife?!? Yeah, that's ridiculous. I'm lucky my ward hasn't done this in a while.

4. All the cool activities get planned on the days you aren't available. Not like anyone can change that, but it still stinks. 

5. Everyone leaving church after the second hour on Sunday, because the cool kids don't stay all three hours. That's dumb. I think one of the most unattractive things that a guy can do are skip out on church, on his calling, and on attending the temple. I'll be honest, some Sunday's it takes everything in me to stay, but I always do my best to stay.

I'm sorry this post is kind of negative and petty. I just needed to vent. 

Comments

  1. "t if you ask the same person on a date every time you see them and their answer was no the first, second and third time... that answer isn't likely to change in your favor" NO MEANS NO! I'm going through this with the ex bf. Like dude, if I don't want to date you, you stalking me on social media and emailing won't change that.

    " "Who is Charles Manson?" Oh... Just a SERIAL KILLER" YOU ARE KILLING ME. I'm trying so hard to not laugh. Marriage is not a contest. Those who think it is, wind up married and divorced and they lose the game anyway.

    Love you shelby!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts