Random Writing

I've always read blogs, ever since the day my sister Jordan introduced me to Busy Bee Lauren I have read blogs. Eventually, I came to make quite a few friends from blogging, who, I still keep in touch with today. Someone who's blog I've always loved is Meg's from the Brunette Bombshell. Her writing is magnificent. It always touches your soul, no matter what. Another Meg is Meg in Progress, now that is some good stuff there! Anyways, I'm saying all of this because I'm thinking back and trying to find out why I love blogging. 

I think it started in Middle School, when I took a few days of my summer and spent them at school at a writers camp. I loved it, and thought it was so fun. I never really understood (and still don't) grammar. I'm not the best at knowing where my coma's go or what a run off sentence is, I just like to write. I like to write and I like to read. It's so amazing how a line in a book or a sudden thought can change the meaning of your existence. 

As I've blogged every day this month I've come to realize that my writing isn't getting much better, but my consistency is. Which means the other must be right around the corner. I sometimes fear that people will stop reading my words if I become too open with them. A quote I got from who-knows-where says, "I write about love, maybe because I want it so much." That's what I like writing about. That is what to me, is interesting. 

But something that came to my mind today was the thought, people need to stop saying what they aren't and mention instead what they are and how they are becoming that. It's not so much about what we can't do, as it is what we can do.

I am a writer, I can write beautiful things and I can also and am also, a bunch of other amazing things. 

Comments

Popular Posts