Because Today Was Hard...

“I can live alone, if self-respect, and circumstances require me so to do. I need not sell my soul to buy bliss. I have an inward treasure born with me, which can keep me alive if all extraneous delights should be withheld, or offered only at a price I cannot afford to give.” 
― Charlotte BrontëJane Eyre

Now you see,' said the turtle, drifting back into the pond, 'why it is useless to cry. Your tears do not wash away your sorrows. They feed someone else's joy. And that is why you must learn to swallow your own tears.” 
― Amy TanThe Joy Luck Club

“Words provide a voice to our deepest feelings. I tell you, words have started and stopped wars. Words have built and lost fortunes. Words have saved and taken lives. Words have won and lost great kingdoms. Even Buddha said, 'Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care, for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill.” 
― Camron WrightThe Rent Collector
There is no happiness like that of being loved by your fellow creatures, and feeling that your presence is an addition to their comfort.” 
― Charlotte BrontëJane Eyre
“We all had our miseries. But to despair was to wish back for something already lost. Or to prolong what was already unbearable.
-Suyuan” 
― Amy TanThe Joy Luck Club

Comments

Popular Posts