24 Thankful Things

Happy Thanksgiving blogosphere! It's so good to live another day and to be thankful for it. There are so many things to be thankful for in this life and with the luxuries we have on a day-to-day basis. This year for Thanksgiving I wanted to list 24 things I am thankful for, since ya know, I'm 24.

1. I am thankful for God. God is a constant factor and key player in my life. It's crazy to think that just two years ago today, I was living in New York serving him full-time. I wish I still had the heart that I did then, or at least a little more access to it. Nevertheless, I am thankful for a Heavenly Father who loves me enough to challenge me.

2. Separate, but similar, I am thankful for Jesus Christ. What an awesome example he is to me! I don't go a day without thinking about him or what he did for me and for all of us here on earth. Especially during this season it is easy to see his impact on the world. Oh how I love and adore him, I owe everything to him.

3. I am thankful for my family. They are the greatest humans I have ever known. I am so incredibly lucky to have them by my side through everything I do. This year has been crazy at times and they were always there for me, whether it was to talk, or just stay silent. Because you know, sometimes, you just need people to BE THERE. I wouldn't trade them for the world.

4. I am thankful for my job. After working for almost a year at a job that slowly crushed my soul, I am so glad to be somewhere that is good. It was a major change of pace and it slowed my life down a lot, but it was worth it. I love my job.

5. Which leads me to being thankful for my co-workers. People who are genuine and kind, and really just want the best for you. They tease, laugh and have way more fun than anything else and it's perfect. Sometimes when I explain my co-workers to people they don't think it's real, but it is, they are a fantastic group of people.

6. I am thankful for institute. I stopped going for a while, and just recently went back the last two weeks. I am so grateful for that extra dose of spiritual knowledge during the week, it really has turned things around.

7. Speaking of spiritual, I am thankful for the temple. I've been endowed for almost 3 years now and I am so grateful for that experience. Even more so, I am grateful for my sister Jordan who goes with me to the temple every week. We have missed these last two weeks, but we will be back on the wagon next week.

8. I am thankful for Christmas lights. Oh my goodness, I can't adequately explain the joy they bring to me. Honestly, looking at Christmas lights is like looking into a warm fire, or the soul of a little child. They are beautiful and full of hope and dreams. I know that is cheesy and may sound ridiculous to some, but to me they are like that.

9. I am thankful for my decision to finally go to New York. Despite my traveling solo, I am so excited to get on that plane in just over a month and fly to that beautiful city. I have missed it more than words can explain.

10. Clean sheets, are the best. Hopping into clean sheets at the end of a long day, nothing gets better than that.

11. Pinterest. I feel like pinterest helps me cultivate my talents and gives me ideas for new things to do and try.

12. I am thankful for knitting. I love to knit, and even though what I knit isn't perfect, the fact that I've made it brings me a lot of pride. I don't always think that pride is a bad thing either. I get giddy inside every time I see my finished work. I love it!

13. I am thankful for the Gospel. The teachings of Jesus Christ are really important to me. They make me who I am and help me to become someone even better. I think that without them, the dark spots of depression in my life, would creep out to the edges of everything and I would be lost. I know that through the scriptures we can regain control of our lives and help ourselves become free from darkness, self-inflicted or otherwise.

14. I am thankful for blogging. I love the people I've met through it, and I love reading other people's thoughts. Reading blogs makes me feel like I'm friends with people, and those friendships are so intimate and true. Even if we've never spoken. I think it's one of the best ways someone can express their heart.

15. I am thankful for school. Mostly the fact that it's almost over and time for winter break, but also for the fact that it's good for me. Despite what I may think in the process.

16. I am thankful for old journals and writing in journals. I've had the prompting to look at my old journals recently and while there are some pages I don't even want to look at, there are others that have helped me a lot this week. Looking back on the past sometimes can give you a lot of guidance for the present and future.

17. I am thankful for candles that smell good. Candles are the best.

18. I am thankful for board games and card games. I love playing games with a group of friends and just hanging out. It's probably one of my most favorite things to do. Sometimes I get too competitive but mostly it's just fun, and reminds me a lot of my mission.

19. I am thankful for my mission. That year and a half was the best of my life. In the moment it was really hard, and not really the best, but looking back on it now it is everything to me. I miss it every day.

20. I am thankful for my friends. Most of my friends live in other states, but I love them all. I have a few good friends here in Vegas and their time means a lot to me. They are so great!

21. I am thankful for my car. It get's me places and plays music really loud when I want it to.

22. I am thankful for gel nails. I love having my nails done, but don't want fake nails. The new gel nail polish stuff is awesome and even if it's a little more money out of my budget it makes me feel good and I really like it.

23. I am thankful for Gilmore Girls and all it has taught me and the feels it gives me. - Enough said.

24. Lastly, and not least because this went in no particular order, I am thankful for good food. I love food so much! YUMMM.

Comments

Popular Posts