Public Letters

It's not that I can't sleep, I can sleep, I just don't really want to. Will I regret not going to be earlier? Why of course! Alas, here I am, typing away. I had some letters to write, and I figured I might as well just put them here, since they never seem to actually get to where I send them.

Dear Gilmore Girls,

I live, breathe, and knit you. My scarf is coming along great, and my heart is sadder than sad. I forgot for a moment how much I loved Max, Maaax Medina. I am also seeing this time around how frustrating it is to be Emily. (Am I getting older or what?) It's just that; I love you. Thanks for being awesome.

-Devoted Fan & Gilmore Girl at Heart.


Dear Philosophy Teacher,

You make me vomit, you are the scum between my toes... I brought my grade up a whole percentage and now you have to live with that. How does it feel? HUH?! HUH?! Bring it on! Tell me confidence gets me nowhere one more time!

-Fed Up Student

Dear Love Life,

I have a few things to say concerning you... My opinion wishes to be voiced, and loud! However, this doesn't seem like a very good time. It never is a very good time with you. Occasionally I feel as though you have abandoned me on the side of the road, and took my suitcase with you. Or maybe, I just missed the train, because it's pretty lonely out here. My question is, when is it my turn? I just wanted to check in. Oh and since I wasn't very hostile this time, I expect a speedy reply.

-Shelby

Dear Future Children,

(I understand this note is very early, considering the one I submitted just above this.)

I want you to know that it is totally ok to wear ugly clothes that don't match and to be weird. Sometimes that is what makes others drawn to you. On the other hand, it's also good to look "normal" sometimes, because then the other half of society feels you are on their level. It's all an allusion though, you are never on their level. You have created your own level that no one can reach and you are beyond awesome. Remember that. Don't get cocky, just remember that being different is supposed to happen, it's all part of the plan.

-Mom

Dear Nachos,

You are my weakness and I have no way to overcome you. I cannot be made strong and I will forever be in your power. (Unless I get food poisoning of course, in which case you will be forever banned.)

-Your Faithful Servant

Dear Jordan,

It's your birthday today! I'm so glad. I am really glad that you were born. You are an awesome sister and really good mom. Those precious little nuggets are so lucky to have you. You teach your kids how to love others, be themselves, and be totally bad-ass. I only hope that I can be a quarter of the mom that you are. Also, thanks for being my temple buddy. Despite my use of the word ass earlier, I really do love going to the temple with you. I only dreamt that I would have that chance before my mission. Coming home and being able to go there every week with you, it makes me a better person. Love you!

-Your Sister

Dear Britny AKA Morty,

I despise that you live in Guatemala sometimes. Okay, probably 80% of the time. It's only cool for so long to tell people that your bosom buddy lives in Central America and is doing amazing things. Then it gets lonely, really, really lonely. It is fine though, don't worry about me. I will be just fine of course. There is so much I have to tell you, but not enough patience with Skype to make it so. (In reality, I am really proud of you. I think you are the bravest soul I've ever known for doing the things you do. You make me want to follow my dreams and all that other corny stuff.) Te quiero mucho mi amiga, y necesitamos hablar pronto.

-DeLong

Verrazano Bridge

It was a pleasure to meet you those many moons ago. I miss you dearly. I know I've said this multiple times but, if there ever were a bridge I could marry, it would be you. You handsome devil. I wish I could walk outside and see you standing tall and green-blue. You make my heart skip a beat. Please don't forget me.

-The Love of Your Life

Comments

  1. Two things: 1. You're adorable, and 2. You definitely haven't missed the train (although I understand how that feels, and it blows. I wonder the same thing about having kids pretty much every day.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts