Promptings

I don't know about you guys, but it is really hard for me to understand spiritual promptings. It has always been that way for me. Even when I was serving my mission it was often hard for me to know what was a prompting, and what was just "me". I guess when it really comes down to it, your promptings become who you are as you are increasingly righteous. Prophets and Apostles probably just think in promptings. Currently, I'm doing pretty mediocre when it comes to spiritual stuff, but I am working on it.

I've got a HUGE decision to make, and endless blessings to be thankful for. This is one of those times in my life when I should just be praying in thanks and that is all. I'm not that humble though, and I have a lot of questions. I'm in the process of changing jobs and I have a lot of options. I feel bad because in this day-and-age most people would kill to have one option for a job. I have two! And more if I wanted, but I've narrowed it down to two. One job is more laid back, the other much more high stress. I guess I just fear that I'm not living up to my potential. Even though I'm not quite sure what my potential is. Because even though both jobs are great, and will help me grow, one job will do it in a significant way, and the other, it will just take time.

Anyways. I'm trying to listen to the spirit and have it guide me in which direction I should go. As it often does, it leaves me feeling like either decision would be fine. There have been other choices that I have denied on the spot, after pursuing, but these two... it feels pretty good either way. I do it, so I'm pretty sure some else does too, you open to a random chapter in the scriptures and just read, hoping for an answer. Or you listen to talks and speeches and dissect them in a way that relates to your situation. Thinking to yourself, when he says "to put aside needless things" does he mean this job, or the other one? Obviously they aren't talking about your specific situation, but that doesn't matter, right?

Well, I thought maybe writing would help make this more clear but I just feel even more confused.

How do you feel the spirit? What is the biggest prompting you've ever had?

Comments

Popular Posts