Loving Differently

The way I see it is this; you can love no two people the same. There is no way that your love for one person can be the exact same as your love for another. That is why it is so hard to love sometimes. Parents love all of their children, but they don't love them for the same reasons. We all have friends, and some of us have many "best friends" but we only have multiple because each friend serves a different purpose. In relationships, we love people differently.

I once loved someone with knowledge. Knowledge that he was good. He was a good, genuine, and honest person. I knew that, and nothing could take that away. I was not afraid to love him for who he was, because I knew that who he was, would never change.

I then came to love someone else, after a long time. I loved him because of his tenacious character. He was everywhere all at once, and he stuck to it all. He made it all work and it seemed effortless and I loved him because of that. I loved him in spite of his indifference towards me. I loved him because he was grand. He really was so, how do you say opulent without meaning opulent? Abundant. He was abundance in a man, or boy, or whatever he was. FULL of charm and enthusiasm and just enough laziness.

I loved once because of convenience. It was so easy to love and so readily available, I couldn't help myself.

I loved a lot, I love a lot.

I don't why this is hard, but it is. It is hard to be alone because I tend to waste/spend my time considering how I will love the next person I love. If that person will be "my person" or the last person. If that person will be the person I learn to love everything about and if it will change my character and heart. Because really, what is love if not change?

What is love if not uncomfortably comforting?

Is there any other way to love than to ache and desire, and wish and dream, and fail?

I say nay.

I say it's hard because it's anticipation. It is waiting for a party that hasn't even been planned yet.

Comments

Popular Posts