To Live Would Be An Awfully Big Adventure

I was on the phone with my friend Jane today, and I noticed something about myself. I am much better off now, than I was a few months ago. However much heartache and mistakes hurt us we are always better people for what we endure. I think that's the point of endurance. It makes us stronger, more capable and less prone to feeling alone. It doesn't mean that we feel 100% awesome all of the time or that we don't get really sad still, it just means that, we have grown.

It is kind of like Peter Pan in the movie Hook. He leaves Neverland and becomes this horribly busy Father who doesn't take the time to imagine or create anything. Then, he goes back to Neverland. It is really tough at first, and he is under terrible stress. I mean, Hook has his children for crying-out-loud! But he can't do anything about it until he gets back to the root of himself, until he remembers his happy thought. Of course now his happy thought is much different than it used to be, but it is still there. Once he finds it, he beats Hook in an epic battle, then he leaves Neverland with everything he came with and more. He truly lived happily-ever-after.

We have trials here on earth, self-made or god-given, and we have to deal with them. Sometimes we come to a point where we are horribly busy and can't imagine or create anything, but then we are taken aback. Something happens that knocks us on our butts and tells us to sit down and shut up. And when we do, we learn that; piece by piece, bit by bit, there are certain things that matter most. The hard part is knowing that you're stuck there. Peter knew that his kids were stuck with Hook, and that he should be off saving them. He fully understood what he should have done, but had to be patient and work hard to fix things. He couldn't just go out and fight Hook, he couldn't even fly!

Nothing was harder for Peter than to imagine again, to hope. For me it has been really similar. Hope has been hard, but today for the first time I felt it again. I felt my life change today in a way that made me glad to be where I am, doing what I am doing. Because it meant to me, that even though I'm not in an easy place, I'm in the right place. How comforting is that?!


Comments

  1. Jane is amazing and always has the right words to say!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts