Going Back

It was one of those days where everything you planned on doing, goes wrong. Well, nearly everything. At work there were appointments, an event, and some tasks that all needed to get done today. Appointments cancelled, the event rescheduled at the last minute, and the tasks were thrown out the window with high priority things replacing them. That's how it is though. My job is one of those jobs where you just never know what will happen. Unfortunately, I can't really talk about it because this really isn't the place. BUT for reference, I work for a law firm as the marketing director. I am in charge of all the appointment setting, event scheduling, planning, setting up, taking down, tracking, and organization for the marketing area of the firm, and some other areas. I fell into the position I have now because there was no one else to take it.

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL! Wooo! What a day, on top of all of the chaos with work there was school. My philosophy class leaves much to be desired, and my spanish class is actually pretty easy, so far. I hate to say that and then in three weeks be crying uncle, but it was pretty easy tonight. Hopefully it will help me relearn and grow so that I can become fluent.

While driving home tonight I had this thought, "I wish that I could go back to my freshmen year of high school knowing everything I know now and just start over." Wouldn't that be awesome?! I thought so, for a moment. Then I said out loud, but I still would get to meet all the people I've met, and serve my mission, and have the friends I have. Well... it doesn't work that way does it? Yeah, sometimes it seems like starting over would be a really good solution to things, but its not. Or at least I don't think it would be.

Although I've made some pretty bad mistakes in my life, especially recently, I wouldn't change what I've gone through. We aren't supposed to sin or make bad decisions but sometimes, without those sins and those mistakes we wouldn't be who we are now. Or maybe we would, but we just would've gone about it all differently. I'm not saying I feel justified in my sins and weaknesses, I'm just saying that it takes one to know one. You can't be happy if you've never been sad.

Comments

Popular Posts