The Thing About Writing

The thing about writing is, you can't really ever get it right. I always fear someone will hate what I come up with, or think it's too main stream. Sort of like this girl I know who hates Jason Mraz and Jack Johnson, just because everyone else loves them. Guess what, someone does hate this, someone does think it's too main stream. Before I even put my words on the screen they are being judged, held in court for crimes against boredom. I rarely write all the things that come into my head for fear of fear. Nothing more than that. It just seems to me that I have too much to be afraid of, and not enough courage. I intend to drink deeply of the cup of courage set in front of me, but in the last moments, I toss it's contents into the gutter, rejecting the potion. How will I ever succeed?

One paragraph at a time my friends.

One strength-building paragraph at a time.

Comments

Popular Posts