His Yoke, My Worry

Ecstatic beyond belief? Yes.
 Completely torn and horrified? Double yes. 
My heart longs to be better, to feel less flustered, but until I know for sure... I worry.

Something good happens, that sparks... ignites... and inside you feel invincible. But then the rain comes and the fire begins to fade, the timber starts to smolder into pieces of ash, you are left desolate. Without even trying all the worries creep up into your soul and the burden becomes too heavy to carry.

Faith. 

I try to set it all at his feet and take his yoke upon me. But I can't seem to walk away. The burden is precious, it means everything to me. I fix the sides, make sure it is laid out smoothly, then try to walk away. I get a little further then turn around, just one more thing. Let me just check one more thing... it hasn't changed.

 Who was I kidding? He isn't going to destroy this, trust him.

The yoke fastened on again, I depart. God knows what he is doing. Just let him do his part.
But the entire time I work I think, I don't think, I hope...

Please God, let him love me.

Comments

Popular Posts