Strength

*Just working on a little creative writing.*


She had hoped that she was dreaming. Everything was gone when she woke up. The furniture, the pictures, all of the food from the fridge. It was all gone.

That day marked a day of endless phone calls, police officers, and shivers down her spine. It was all gone, and she was there when it happened. Tucked away in her bed snuggled up in endless piles of blankets. The only thing she had left, a bed and a pile of blankets.

In the evening she stayed at her friends house, unable to close her eyes she prayed with them open; God please keep me safe. Let me live to see another day. Thank you for not taking me home too early. I love you. I miss my couch, but I love you. Forgive me of my weaknesses and help me to be stronger. Lift my vision to see things as they can become. In Christ's name, Amen.

Stronger.

Her weaknesses made her stronger.

Her strength brought her to it, and her faith brought her through it.


Comments

Popular Posts