My Year in Review

The past year of my life has been pretty good. It started out in Dyker Heights Brooklyn serving a mission for my church, and ended here in Las Vegas. It was a really great year! So here it is in review...
January
 The first part of January was spent with one of the greatest people I have ever met, Sister Britny Mortensen. I love her so much, and can't wait to see her when she gets home!

February
 My first "native" companion, Sister Sanchez and I spent a few months together. Here is us walking down the street eating the SPICIEST CHICKEN WINGS ever made.

March
 The people loved us! My mission had the chance to go and march in the St. Patricks Day Parade in Far Rockaway, NY. There were people cheering us and everything. Serving during Sandy clean-up was awesome, and being cheered on was just as good. :D

April
 In April I met Sister Laney and we started our journey as companions. It was a difficult, but fun, journey. This is me with three of my companions on the Brooklyn Bridge. GO BROOKLYN!

May
 I loved serving in the singles branch. It was exactly what I am made for. I said a silent prayer back in February to be taken out of the spanish program, and God really listened to my prayers. I tried to keep up my spanish, but was just so glad to be sharing my knowledge with these beautiful people.

June
 Life really began in June with my new companion, Sister Cienfuegos. I never knew I could love someone so much. I love her to the moon and back, and she taught me patience, something I still strive to have.

July

 There are two photos for July because I couldn't leave out our "awkward family photo" and the most important date so far in my life HAD to be recorded. I loved July. My birthday was awesome (everyone dressed in yellow, my favorite color) and ABEL got baptized. He was the first person I taught that got baptized. He has the sweetest soul, and the biggest heart. I love him.

August
 Just when I thought it couldn't get ANY better, I met Ellie in August. Ellie is one of my very dearest friends, and she is BEAUTIFUL! Just look at her! Meeting her changed my life for the better and I would never do anything different.

September
 The good times kept on rolling. Sam got baptized in September. Oh how I love her. She is one of the most straightforward and loving people I have ever met. I'm so glad she made the decision she did to get baptized and to change her life for the better.

 October
 I came home in October. I came home to my loving family, and especially my loving Mom. I missed her so much, and I can't even fathom how I lived for a year and a half without her. It just doesn't make sense how it happened.

November
 Jared and I started dating in November. He is the greatest ever, so smart, hilarious, and incredibly handsome! Just look at him! It's crazy to think that we have been dating for almost two months already.

December


I spent a lot of time with my niece Kenzie and my nephews Ryan and Carter. Also, I got back into the groove of eating out and shopping with my Mom and sisters, I missed it so much!

OH! And to top it all off, my sister Emily had her baby yesterday. Welcome to the world Jase Paul Prater! You are the cutest little guy ever!

This year was definitely a good one. I had a lot of fun, and it was full of life changing moments. There were some hard times and a lot of bad days too. This year, I hope I can change that. I'm planning on making the most of every single day, and not letting the little things get me down. So, if you have a glass near by, or like me, a bottle of hot sauce... Here's to a new year full of adventure and great times! Here's to 365 days of Happiness! CHEERS!

Shelby Lou

Comments

Popular Posts