Updating Things

I've been home a week. It's been an interesting week to say the least. Lots of different things going on. Mostly hanging out with my favorite people and just trying to stay alive. I guess it wasn't too big of an adjustment for me. I had a major freak out last Sunday. This Sunday however, was better. I spoke in church about recognizing and following the promptings of the spirit. I also ended up bearing my testimony in Spanish. My bishop asked me to, I was on the spot and well, I haven't spoken Spanish in 8 months! It's been a long time. Everyone who understood me said it was good, so I guess I didn't do as bad as I thought.

This week I start work at the law office again. I am so excited to go back. I'm going to work really hard and learn a bunch of new skills so that I can become one of those people who are irreplaceable. That's my main goal. Just be so good at what I do, that they can't afford to let me go. I'm excited to have something to focus on, and to put energy into.

The last few weeks of my mission were so confusing, and now being home and seeing what's really happening. I feel so dumb for letting those weeks get that crazy. There are a lot of things I shouldn't have said or did, but did anyways. I guess we all make mistakes. I just feel like I'm staring at mine through a magnifying glass now.

We were driving in the car to dinner the other night and Carter goes, "If I were driving this unit, we'd be beating their butts." I love that kid.

Sorry my blog is so boring it's going to get more exciting soon! PROMISE!

Shelby Lou

Comments

Popular Posts