All About Ellie

We met her because the Elders met her. I had the name in my planner for a couple of days before I decided to call her. Ellie. Sounded harmless, Elder Ruesch said that she was super cool and that we would get along really well. We sat on our living room floor planning on a Thursday afternoon and I picked up the phone to call. She was so willing to meet with us. We set up a day right before institute (we are tricky like that). She ended up cancelling, normal.. that happens all the time. We tried again, invited her to a baptism, but still nothing... ONE LAST TIME I thought.. and finally, she came. As we sat down and talked to her we found out she was a member, just less active. WHENEVER that happens I think of my sisters. I think of my Mom. I am completely attached. Ellie had my heart before she ever knew it.

We continued to teach her and help her. We read the Book of Mormon with her. We convinced her to meet with the Branch President. One lesson I will never forget... she sat down with us to read and after reading we talked to her about how she was. She said, "I started this planner journal thing, I write everything in it!" She flips through a few pages..."12pm go to the bank, JK sit in the park and eat chips." I died. It gets better. We've had so much fun together. The three of us have become so connected in the past few months that it's really hard to leave. Especially because now, I can say that she is doing so much better than before. I see her at church every Sunday, no matter what kind of shoes she wears.

She is strong, she is faithful, she is beautiful. She is the evidence that God preforms miracles for us each and every day. She is a testimony of the power of the Book of Mormon and how it changes lives and increases our faith in God. She is one of my greatest friends because I have a love for her that is HUGE, but not as big or all-reaching as the love her Heavenly Father has for her. You can see a light in her eyes, and hear a strength in her voice that is ONLY there because the spirit is there.

I just wanted to let you all know about this girl. Ellie. She is AMAZING. Only one of the many great people I have met on my mission. I want her to know that I love her, and that I will miss her so much! Love you Ellie!

Comments

Popular Posts