Success, Finally!

This week was good! We had a lot of success this week. We had a fun night on Friday we played volley ball with the ward and made these cool shirts that say MORMONADE instead of Gatorade. They were really cool and we played against some members but we lost. Hispanics are supper good at the volley. I was on an all girls team tho, and our team won a trophy it was pretty legit. I had some really good and interesting food this week. We had a real Mexican dish.. Steak rice and tortillas. One sister made us these sandwhiches, they were hot dogs beans and eggs with jalapenos on a hamburger bun. It looked super gross, but it was actually pretty good in the end. The things I will eat now, are kind of sad. haha I liked it. We went to one of the street vendors and got corn too. You can get in on the cob with mayo and cheese and chile or you can get it cut off and in a cup. I chose the latter, because I didn't feel like making a huge mess. It was really good. We also got some chicaron which is like cheetos, or fried chips. They are super delish especially with lime and chile on them. I'm learning to love the burn that comes from eating chile. It's super good.
Well our success was that we have a new investigator! A former from the past, who has decided that he wants to make some changes. I hope he really does and that he starts doing it soon. His wife is a member and they just really need to be an eternal family. They are great people. We also had our new investigators Luis and Rosa at church on Sunday! It was so great! They came to church and they loved it. They are going to come back next Sunday and we are teaching them again on Friday. We taught them about the Plan of Salvation and how we can live with our families FOREVER after this life and they really like it. The only thing is, they need to get married. They are in their 60's and have been living together for 12 years. I hope they read and pray and really start to gain testimonies about the truth so they can take the big step to CASARSE and just do it all ready. (casarse means to be married)
On Sunday I gave a talk in church. It went pretty well I think. My comp edited it for me and there wasn't much to edit! My spanish is getting a little bit better! It's cool to see how far I've come in just 10 months. And.... drum roll pleasee....... I sang a duet in sacrament meeting with an Elder in my district! Cool huh? I've been working on my singing abilities trying to get better, and I think I'm doing pretty good now. Everyone said it was really good and they really liked it. So that was cool. I still have a long way to go, but I like singing and I think if I worked on it more I'd be pretty good at it. I'm hoping to sing at a transfer meeting or something before I leave. I've got time! Well. Things are going goo other than that. Just doing the regular missionary stuff, and trying to get by on that. The work is frustrating sometimes, and so are the people, but it's getting a little better. After being to the doctor for my anxiety I know that things really will improve soon. I love you all and hope you have a great week! I'm going to send pictures now.
Love,
Shelby

Comments

Popular Posts