Another Week in the Books

Wow what a week. Full of train rides, and meetings. We had a our new district meetings on Tuesday for the first time this week. I woke up feeling like I was going to puke my brains out on Tuesday morning and so we canceled our appointment with Ofelia, sad because we haven't seen her in weeks. Her baby can probably walk now. BLAH. Oh well. It's cool, because we ate papusas later that day. Even though I felt like train tracks. They were so good and totally worth the 6 bucks we paid. I had 3 of them! SO MUCH GREASE. Haha Oh well, if I come home 300 pounds you will still love me right?! I actually weighed myself on Thursday and I weigh 130 still so I guess that's good. I'm at least walking off all the bad stuff I put into my body. BONUS POINTS! Thursday we went out to Rego Park Queens to have mission conference. The people that came were really cool they taught us a lot and gave us some new ideas for our areas. One of the ideas was to ask people if we could just come in and leave a blessing on their home. It's been going pretty well for the Elders, my comp and I haven't had much luck with it yet. In time, we will. Oh man, and I almost forgot to mention that I got packages on Thursday! Finally, the Elders had been holding them hostage for about 2 weeks so I hadn't gotten anything. Thanks Janaye and the Dover family! I loved the packages!! Noel, I sent your entire family a little something today in the mail, I hope you like it! I also got one from Jordan and from Mom. Thanks!!
Anyways, found out on Monday that I am going to be training a new missionary in this next transfer. Pray for me!  It's a huge responisbility, but I think if you guys pray for me, it will be easier. I have a testimony of that. Let's just hope that whoever my kid is they are super cool and not anxious at all. Haha I can't handle having more than one person around me being anxious. Haha I call them my kid because in the mission the person you train is your kid and you are their mom or dad, depending on if your an Elder or Sister. So yeah, I have a lot of sons because I've been the oldest sister in the Zone for a long time so all the new Elder's are my kids.. It's funny. Anyway, enough on mission lingo. LUIS AND ROSA ARE AWESOME! They accepted our challange to pray about being married and have an answer by April 6th. Rosa says she is ready she is just waiting for Luis. So we are just hoping they will decide so they can get married, then get baptized! They both would love to be baptized and they understand the gospel so well, that they know it's what they want. I hope that they do get baptized in the near future, but more than that I hope they learn and grow their testimonies of depending on the Lord so they can really get closer to him. Griselda might be getting baptized in the near future as well. Her husband came with her to a ward activity, which he never does, so it's a really good sign that things are getting better and maybe he will start changing and decide that Griselda can be baptized. We are just waiting on his permission.
What else? Oh... umm we saw a lot off musicians on the train on Wednesday, a Saxaphone player, a drummer, a pianist, and a beat boxer. Don't worry, I video taped everything so you can one day watch the craziness of a New York subway.
Well, family. I love you guys a lot and I hope you are all having a great week. This next week is the last week of the transfer so I might be moving out of Brooklyn!! who knows! I would love a change but at the same time, Brooklyn is the greatest place ever and I don't really want to leave. You will know my status next Monday! Happy Easter and don't forget the real reason behind it all! Jesus Christ is our savior and redeemer, he loves you more than you know and you have a divine purpose here! Never forget that.
Shelby Lou

Comments

Popular Posts