End of the Transfer

Can you believe it? This is the last week of the transfer already! We are getting more new missionaries on Tuesday and 5 of them will be spanish speaking sisters. We don't know who is training yet, we will get the calls this week. I've a feeling I'm not training, but we'll see. It just takes time! EVERYTHING! Haha anyways.. this week it was pretty good. We had women's conference on Tuesday at President Calderwood's house. It was really good and we all learned a lot. Especially about not being hard on yourself. It seems to be a reaccuring theme lately. I needed it. After that the week was pretty much just us trying to catch up to everything. Now we are preparing for transfers, I think we will stay how we are, but who knows what will happen. I was really excited because I had been thinking the past month, what if Quinn Legere (Sister Legere's son) came to my mission. He would be PERFECT for this mission. Then I was in the office on Tuesday and I saw his picture! He is going to be here on Tuesday, he is speaking English. So if Sis Legere reads this, I will try and take care of him from where I am! haha LOVE IT! I was super excited.
I got a bug bite on my hip on Monday night and it started to grow really big. It was about the size of a Reese's peanut butter cup and it was getting bigger. So I called the nurse and she called the Area doctor and he prescribed me some medication. But it's still there. Not as big, but still there. I think it's just an allergic reaction, but I couldn't wear my bag all week because it rests on my hip and it hurt too bad. I think I might be falling apart. Well.. that's all this week. Sorry it's short and kind of all over the place. I hate the week of transfers.. so I'm just trying to get it over with.
OH yeah.. and there was a blizzard. I almost forgot. We got about 1 foot of snow here, and on the island they got 3ft. The blessings of being in the city. There is still a bunch of snow on the ground, but it's melting now because of the rain. So yeah.. we stayed in the night of the blizzard then went out and worked the next day. Just snow.. nothing too bad, here at least.
Love you!
Shelby Lou

Comments

Popular Posts