Concussion... AGAIN!

Okay Mom don't freak out, but it really did happen again. Haha Okay so here is the story. On Monday after emailing we went to have a zone activity at the church. We did all these crazy minute-to-win-it games, and I made one of them up. The game was that you had to put your head to a broom and spin around 10 times then go run across the room and put a balloon on the chair. After which you had to run back and spin another 10 times and then go to the chair and pop the balloon with your bum. SO what happened was that I started to spin and I was spinning and spinning, then I tried to walk and I tripped and caught myself with my head. OH MAN, it hurt so bad. I felt all the spit come out of my mouth I hit the ground so hard. BUT I am a champion and I got up and ran the rest of the way, then spun again.. haha But afterwards my head hurt so much that I could barely stand up. So I took a little nap on the ground and we had to teach Family Home Evening that night at the church, so we went home and got changed, then came back. I slept the whole time and my companion and the Elders taught the lesson. The next day, I was in a lot of pain but it was mostly just a headache and a major bruise on my face. haha BUT GOOD NEWS! I'm all better now, and I only sometimes can feel the pain on my head. Haha Don't worry about me though, it's my own fault for not putting my hands out to catch me. I would send you the video but it's too long to send over email. :( I will try another way though.
Anyways after that this week has been pretty boring. Just street sweeps for english class and getting yelled at by this guy. That's a good story. We went out to look up a less active member, and we get to the house and ring the bell and the guy starts yelling at us (in spanish of course) and I didn't know what he said so I just said.. okay thanks have a nice day! And we started to walk down the stairs, Hermana Sanchez goes, he just cussed at you in spanish. Then we hear him yelling again. He has half of his body out of the window and he is screaming at us telling us to go away and never come back. We tried to explain to him that the doorbell still says the name of the member and he goes... "It doesn't say that. Even if it does, it doesn't. I'm going to throw water all over you if you don't go away right now." I was like, umm you're 40 years old. So I said. Sir, you are acting like a 5 year old. Then he goes "I'm going to call the &@#%*(& cops on you." and Hermana Sanchez and I go. "CALL THEM!" hahahahaha He was being super ridiculous. He said a bunch of other stuff and we tried to calm him down, but then we just ended up walking away. He was crazy.
The traveling sisters came to our area this week and we went on exchanges. I went with Sister Santi and it was super fun she is a really cool girl. We did a lot of look-ups and didn't really find the people we were looking for, but we found new people. Which is really good. I also found out my friend Elder Heaps' dad died a week or so ago. It was really unexpected, I feel so sad for him. He got to go home for the funeral and he came back on Saturday. He and his twin brother are both on missions right now. But they just went to the funeral and came back. He has such a strong testimony and he is very trusting in the Lord. I need to be more like that.
Other than all of that, life is pretty good. I love mexican bread, and chino bakes and YES I will be 200 pounds when I leave my mission. And I'm totally okay with that. HA. SAD. Anyways.. I love you guys and I hope you are all doing well! Keep up the good work and remember I love you!
Shelby Lou

You can go HERE to watch the video of me falling.





Comments

Popular Posts