Anxiety, Stefany, & Dart Wars

Well this week has been full of crazy stuff. Let's start with Monday and work our way down, shall we? Okay.. so on Monday after I emailed we went to Target, oh beloved Target.. the holiest of holies. I love TARGET! No joke. Anyways, we went and it was great. I love just looking at all the stuff and dreaming of things I wish I could wear, but I can't right now because I'm a missionary! Like floral printed jeans. We played dart wars after we went to target and it was so much fun. We had PVC pipes and nerf darts and we shot each other with them, it was great. It hurt really bad when you would get hit in the face, but it was a lot of fun. After we played just regular team against team, we played it zombie style where there are people who don't have darts and they have to attack people and make everyone Zombies. It was so much fun!!! Until... Elder Andersen ran into the wall with the pipe in his mouth and chipped his front tooth, someone else ripped their lip open and another person tripped over a table. haha we stopped playing that and Elder Alvarado started to play Badmitton, it was a lot of exercise. Haha after PDay ended we went and taught Carlos, and he is going to pray about getting baptized on February 16th! We hope this week when we teach him, he will have made a decision.
On Tuesday we went to a Sister in our wards house for lunch and she made Mole. It is so good it's like a spicy chocolately sauce on chicken. MAN! It is probably my favorite food that Mexicans make. It's super delicious. After lunch we went to the church for President's interviews. These past few transfers have been really hard. I get mad anxiety when transfers come up and it makes it hard for me to work. So I talked to President about that, and also about how I have trouble paying attention to people and listening to what they are saying. He said I might have a small anxiety disorder and that I just need to learn to trust in the Lord. But some days I feel like it is getting worse, and harder to deal with. I looked up a talk on LDS.org about mental wellness and I found some interesting things, I am just going to keep trying to be better. I'm really not sure how to tackle my issues, but I am going to if it's the last thing I do! He also told me to not be so hard on myself, and I think that is one of the things that is making my anxiety worse, because I just never feel like I've done enough. That night we taught english class and after class we taught them how to pray and they were all so excited! Now they say the opening and closing prayers in class, it's so great!
Wednesday we went to have pizza with the elders and it was super good. I took a picture of me eating the pizza, doing the Brooklyn fold. I will send it sometime. It was so cold outside this week I wore triple of everything. It was a high of 15 or 20 during the entire week, and with MAJOR wind. I can't even express how much pain we were in walking around if we had to answer the phone while outside.. say goodbye to your fingers! haha So COLD! I also learned that I may or may not be addicted to Coke. I LOVE IT. I get one like every other day.. then I wonder why I am poor. Haha.
On Thursday we had lunch with the Elders again at a members house, it was good. Domincian food. Afterwards we went to visit a less active member who had just had her baby the night before. She just barely let us come over to her house the Saturday before so we were unsure about going to the hospital to visit, but we had the Elders come with us and it turned out really well. The whole family was there and her husband was really nice. They were trying to decide on a name for the baby and they couldn't decide so we got to help them! Then, all of a sudden they were asking us to be witnesses on the birth papers! It was so awesome. Then, I wrote the baby's name on the birth papers, her name is Stefany! It was so cool. We didn't get to see the baby because she was 2 months early and she was in the NICU she was only 4 pounds! But they say she is doing really well, she is just there as a precaution right now. We also started work on a new type of missionary work in our area it's called an Elliptical it's where you block out a small area that is close to the church and all the missionaries work in that area. We are super excited for it.
On Friday we had district meeting and we were supposed to have a list of things prepared for it. We had gotten everything together for our area, but the other Elders didn't and so it was kind of a rough meeting. I felt like we were working and trying to start this new process, but it wasn't a full effort from the district. It was hard to try and plan something, when we didn't have everyone on the same page. We also went to the temple on Friday with Antony. It was so great to see him go to the temple to do baptisms. He was so excited, and afterward he was like.. I want to go again! RIGHT NOW! I was like, you are awesome Antony! He is a really good kid.
Saturday we had a meeting with Goates and Hogge, who we are doing the elliptical with, and we are starting to organize everything! It's really exciting, but also a headache at the same time. The other Elders King and Ibarra want to work in their area for now, so it's not really working the way we would hope, but it's going to be good anyways. We are going to really advertize english class! It's going to be great. a lot of street sweeps and stuff. After the meeting we went to a lesson for Goates and Hogge because they couldn't find a man to go teach with them, and it was a single woman alone at home so they couldn't go over. It was a really good lesson. We taught her about what the spirit feels like, and we invited her to church. She wasn't sure about coming to church, and it turns out she didn't come. I'm not sure why, she couldn't really explain it, she said it was just hard to explain, the doubt she was feeling was hard to explain. I hope she kind figure it out and come to church, I know she will feel the spirit there and she will be able to know for herself that this church is true. I also got a Chinese name. I am sister Long or in Chinese, Wo shi Long Jeimei. Which translated means I am sister DRAGON! Super cool huh?! I love being a dragon.
Yesterday was quite the day. I decided that I would try and use my talents and play the piano in sacrament meeting. I can only play the right hand of the hymn, so it was a stretch to begin with. But then we started and I got so nervous, and the person leading was leading out of tempo and it was a disaster! I wanted to cry just sitting up on the stage but instead I just doodled in my notebook and tried to write in chinese the entire time I wasn't playing. It calmed my nerves. I had a couple of people come up to me afterwards and tell me I needed to practice more. UH DUH! haha Oh man it was bad. After church we went to Jonathan's house. He is a member in our ward who is a single-adult. He owns his own company and he has a super nice house. All of us missionaries went over and we had dinner then played spoons. It was so much fun! Afterwards we went to visit a member who is having a hard time and we talked to her about what Jesus Christ expects of us. I think she felt comforted to know that he doesn't expect too much, just the basics. Repentance and Obedience.
All in all it was a pretty full week. I love being a missionary even though it is very challenging. I wouldn't trade this time for anything. Thanks to the few people who wrote me this week. I love you so much and am so grateful for your letters they help me a lot! Well, today we are having a Zone activity and we are playing minute to win it! It should be way fun! I will take pictures, and I will send pictures next week!
Love you all!

Comments

Popular Posts