Dyker Heights

Well family, I've moved. I've left Midwood and have moved TAN LEJOS. (Really far) About 5 miles from my old area to a place called Dyker Heights. It's awesome. It's full of Chinese people, loving called Chinos... and Mexicans. It's a great place to be. The area is dead, except for the one investigator we have that is going to be baptized next week! Super cool huh? I had nothing to do with it, but it is still a miracle. I'm excited to be there. Her name is Griselda and she is super excited to be baptized.

Well, my new companion is Hermana Mortensen, she is from Utah and she is super cool. Her Dad is just as crazy as my Dad, except for he actually comes to New York sometimes, so he stalks her. If Dad could, I know he would be around a lot more often. Haha. Well, we've had some interesting stuff happen to us so far. We both are not 100 percent spanish speakers so it's been funny in lessons and with members trying to figure out what they are saying.. sometimes we have no idea. Last night Maria had us over and she talked to us for 45 minutes telling us a story about her work and we just sat there, like is this really happening? Haha I understood a good 80% of it but the 20% I didn't was important, so I didn't get the whole story. Oh well.

We live in the top floor of a house and it's really old. But really big. There are two bathrooms, two bedrooms, and a really nice living room/ family room. We also have a balcony. Our heater makes so much noise during the night I haven't gotten good sleep yet. It is the loudest thing I have ever heard. I'm hoping I will just get used to it.

Guess what 15 days till Christmas! 15 days until I call home! We are so excited for Christmas here. My companion and I are making Christmas Cards this week and sending them out. So if I have your address you will get one. :D They are going to be funny, and cute. Well, my time on the computer is up but I want you all to know that missionary work is God's work and he loves his children. I am so happy to be a missionary, and to have this amazing experience! I love you all!

Shelby Lou

Comments

Popular Posts