Down with the Sickness!

Hello! Well, this week has been less than desirable. On Wednesday I got sick with a mad-fever/cold, then Thursday my companion got sick also. So, since Wednesday night we have been pretty much confined to our house and beds. Being sick on a mission is so much worse than being sick at home. Because you feel completely worthless. We should be working and serving the Lord, but we are at home laying on our beds praying and wishing that the sickness will leave our bodies. We've left the house a couple of times, for church and for some meetings but we always came back less than 2 hours after because we couldn't handle it. We called the nurse yesterday and she said we were doing all that we really could, but if we are still sick tomorrow night she is going to call the area doctor and get us a prescription. I'm hoping I will be over it by then.

Other than all of that, it's the New Year! Happy New Years Eve everyone! I hope you all get to go out and party tonight, or you just get to have a good night with friends and family, and eat really good food. We have to be in by 6pm so we will be home, like we have been for the past week. :/ Lame. Oh well, it's a mission not a party... I keep forgetting that... haha. Anyways! I have had a pretty good year, there have been ups and downs but it's been over-all pretty good. If I could describe this year in one word it would be "unexpected" I never thought that I would REALLY be a missionary, it was always a "some-day" thing, and here I am.. writing a weekly email to my family and spending the holidays far from them, because I'm doing the Lord's work. How crazy is that? Well, as always with the new year comes new year resolutions. After a lot of study and prayer I have come up with my new years resolutions! My goal this year is to Seek Wisdom, and Seek Understanding. I am really excited for this coming year and for all the things I will have an opportunity to learn about. Especially about my Savior Jesus Christ and his atonement. Being a missionary gives you many opportunities to learn. My goal is to better understand the gospel, and seek out more ways to gain knowledge. It also applies to other things like, singing, artwork, and people. I want to be better at a lot of stuff, but it will only happen if I learn more about it. Our new 2013 vision for the mission is perfect for my new years resolutions because it talks about being Forever Changed. President Calderwood has stressed the fact that we can't go home and be the same people we were, because we have lived through something that has to change us. He always talks about how we need to be fully converted to the gospel, and that we have to plant our roots deep. Our new vision is amazing.. here is is.

I am set apart from the world to serve the Lord Jesus Christ here in New York.
By serving my fellow beings, I am serving my God and I am forever changed.

My voice is HIS voice.
My works are HIS works.
My attributes are HIS attributes.

The TEMPLE is the goal.
The MEMBERS are the key.
The DOCTRINE OF CHRIST is the path.
The ATONEMENT is the ONLY way!


SO that's my new years resolution. I think it fit's pretty well with our new vision.

This Wednesday is my half-way temple trip. I'm so excited to get to go to the temple, but I'm more than shocked at the fact that I am half-way done with my mission! How did that happen?! I mean really, just yesterday I was in the MTC. I'm not going to deny it though, as much as I love being a missionary, I can't wait to come home to my family and hangout with everyone again! It's going to be great.

Well, I love you all and I hope you are all making new goals and resolutions for the new year. Stay safe and remember that I love you! :D

Shelby Lou

Comments

Popular Posts