Sandy Week 4

Well, another week down. This week has been good. We had Thanksgiving as a mission on Tuesday and we took some nice pictures. There is a stake in Washington DC that got every missionary in our mission a 25$ Visa Gift Card and also some other gift cards for Christmas. So I bought a really huge scarf that makes me look like and eskimo and some laundry detergent with it. PRIORITIES. Then we had Thanksgiving this week too. We got up at 6 and drove out to Flushing Meadows Park and we played Football. Actually, lesbehonest.. I watched. But it was still fun. They call it, TURKEY BOWL. WOOO. It was actually a really good time, I just didn't feel like playing. Then we went to a lunch appointment at our Relief Society President's house. She is really cool and we had domincian breakfast, peppers and eggs with Mongoo and fried cheese and salami. I will have to make  that stuff for you when I get home. It's delish. Then we went to our actual dinner appointment at the Cueva's house. They made an american thanksgiving with everything you could think of! Even green bean casserole. We had a bunch of cookies and desserts after, then I played a 7 year old in Chess and totally beat him. It was great. Then I lost to everyone else. Hahaha He is on the chess team though, so I felt pretty accomplished.
We have been doing service for what feels like forever now, but it's starting to wind down. We have 3 service days this week instead of 5 so we will be able to get back out to preaching the good word. This is the last week of the transfer. Can you believe how fast this past 6 weeks have gone? It's crazy. I have no idea if I will be transferred or not. Staying in Midwood for Christmas would be nice, but who knows. This next transfer I reach my halfway mark and I will be home in just 8 more months! CRAZY! I feel like I just got here. My companion is getting sick of serivce and stuff so it's been tough to be out there. But I love it. I'm always the first girl working and the last one to leave. I don't mind, it makes me look cool. :D Haha Ok well. I love you all.


People keep asking me what I want for Christmas and I really can't think of much, besides food, Alex Boye cd's, Good music, and maybe gift cards. I guess that's enough. I don't really NEED anything. So a nice letter would be fine with me. :D Love you guys!

Comments

Popular Posts