Sandy Week 3

Well, I was supposed to have P-Day tomorrow but plans change on us everyday. So here I am writing you on Monday. Well it's but a strenuous week yet again. We continue doing service and helping people clean out their homes. BUT this will only last a little while longer because soon the homes will be too dangerous for us to enter into, because of the mold. Yesterday we went to a neighborhood here in Brooklyn called Coney Island. It has been left untouched. We found SO MUCH MOLD everywhere!  BUT we all had our masks on and were pretty safe. I felt like a BOSS yesterday because I was the only sister to go down into a crawl space. The crawl space underneath this house is about 3ft tall and you have to get on your hands and knees. Of course, I  only did that for a second though, because they needed my muscles to lift all of the wet insulation out. It was a huge space FULL of insulation and chicken wire and I really had a fun time getting all the stuff out of it. It was CRAZY awesome!
We have three investigators, Maribel, Maria and Rosario. They are all doing pretty well and they are reading the Book of Mormon and understanding it a little bit. We have an appointment tonight, and tomorrow night. It's good.


Basically, that's all I've got. This week we've got Thanksgiving with the missionaries tomorrow, Wednesday service, Thursday Thanksgiving with the Cuevas family, Friday through Sunday Service. It's going to be fun and a week full of hard work. Good times ahead! I hope you all have a good Holiday this week! I will miss you!


Shelby Lou

Comments

Popular Posts