Sandy Week 2

Hey what's up peeps?! Just another week here at the grind. Pulling out drywall furniture and such. I got hit in the head by a wood beam this week and got a slight concussion. But don't worry, I didn't have to go to the hospital like that guy who swallowed insulation in my group. Sad-day for that kid. I just sat down for a minute, then got up and kept working. The real pain came about 5 hours later when I fell asleep on the church floor and woke up and felt a MASSIVE goose-egg on my head. No, I don't have pictures. I'm good now though, a lot more safe when it comes to walking in basements and homes. BUT nothing I can't handle. Elder Izatt is sorry that he dropped the wood without saying anything, and I totally forgave him. So we are solid. Another scary thing that happened this week was last night, we were coming home from an appointment at our investigators home and we got to a bus stop where these too hoodlums were standing. They tried to hit on us so we walked down to the next bus stop, and we still ended up getting on the same bus as them. Which was whatever... until the came and sat next to us. We called our Zone Leaders and Elder Heaps, Elder Campbell, and Elder Moli hopped in their car and came and picked us up at the next bus stop. Like super-heroes we were saved and we had a good rest of the night. I'm so glad for Elders who love us enough to help us and pick us up at the drop of a hat.

 

Our investigator Maribel is doing really well. She studied with Jehova's Witnesses before so she has a problem with celebrating holidays and calling God, God. Which she can get over with time. I really love her and I hope she finds and answer and is baptized this transfer. I will probably be in this area for another transfer or two which will be half of my mission. On November 4th I hit my, I-have-one-year-left-on-my-mission-mark. It was great. I'm loving the mission but coming home will be really awesome. Is that bad that I think of that often? Too bad, I don't really care. Haha

 

Anyways. I'm writing on Tuesday because with the hurricane our schedules have been switched. We Prosolyte Thursday and Friday and We work Sat-Mon then have P-day today and service again on Wed. It will be like this until the end of the transfer as far as we know. I'm cool with it, but it makes it hard figure out what my real purpose is right now as a missionary. I will figure it out eventually. Just happy to be alive right now....haha I'm not sure what else to say.

 

I love you guys have fun and if you know the truth, spread it.

 

Shelby Lou

Comments

Popular Posts