That is not ADVISABLE!

Hey everyone! I'm at the library writing my email today, so I'm only
on for 30 minutes. Let me catch you up on what's been happening
here...
On Tuesday we had president's interviews and they were great.
President has some great plans for the mission and is going to make
some good changes. He wants us to focus more on families and try and
spend more time in parks, outside of schools, and shopping centers so
we can find families while they are out and about. I think it is a
really good idea. A lot of other missionaries would say otherwise, but
to me it makes sense. I've realized a lot lately that my thoughts mean
nothing to other people sometimes. The way I think of things, doesn't
make sense to other people and it gets really frustrating.
We were at the library this week and there was this crazy lady that
started talking to us and she was really rude and weird. So we were
laughing because it was really uncomfortable, but she just kept going.
She was talking to herself or about herself in third person and
directing her mean comments at us. It was really actually pretty funny
after a while. But it was scary at first. You never know who will
shank you.
Speaking of shanking people... just kidding. UM A girl in our ward got
hit by a car this week. She is okay, she just broke her foot really
bad. The car ran over her foot! Now my companion agrees with me when I
tell her we should walk to the opposite side of the subway station to
use the stairs instead of going to the closest exit and having to
cross the street under the train. That's the worst.
We also got yelled at by a jewish man this week. We were walking down
the street singing a hymn together and he happened to be in front of
us. He stopped us and said, "THAT IS NOT ADVISABLE!" and I said, "It
is if you aren't jewish." So he contintued to yell at us and tell us
that he didn't care if we weren't jewish. I think in the beginning he
thought that we were jewish because we look like the jewish girls,
because our skirts are so long. ANYWAYS...
We also got glitter tattoos last night at a members house, it was fun.
After her daughter put them on us she goes, "Those things don't come
off for at least a month." I looked at my companion and was like
WHAT?! We washed them off right after when we got home. It look a
scrubber and a lot of soap, but they came off finally.

We didn't teach a single lesson this past week, and all of our
appointments juked us. So it's been rough when it comes to teaching,
but it's cool. It will get better. I'm really hoping that I get
transfered to a new area this next transfer. We get transfer calls on
Saturday. I love my companion, but I need a new area. Even if it's
just as dead as this one is.

Well, have fun! Love you guys!

I'm going to try and send pictures when we go to park-slope. Love you!!

Comments

Popular Posts