Letter from Hermana DeLong

Well this week has been good I guess. Not much has happened. We got a couple of new investigators, that's cool. They are a younger couple their names are Maria and Jose. Pretty much like everyone else. They are nice and we are excited to teach them. We got to go to the general relief society broadcast on Saturday night it was pretty fun. I loved it. I had a realization at the fireside about how the atonement works. I always knew that Christ suffered and died for my sins and my sickness, but I have thought for a long time that that was just then. Just at that time he suffered, and now I just have to get up to where he is. He is so far from where I am at, and trying to get to his level is really difficult sometimes. But during that meeting the speaker was talking about how the atonement is for us right now. When we suffer and are sad, Christ has the power to come to our level, right then and pick us up and carry us. He is there right beside you when you feel sad, unworthy, depressed, sick, or just like you aren't good enough. Christ comes to you. Yes, you need to follow him, but more importantly, when you have lost all hope, he comes to you. It helped me strengthen my testimony of my Savior.

Other than that, not much has happened. I got hot chocolate the other day and burnt my tounge really bad. I wish I had an entirely new wardrobe, and I'm pretty sure that I take naps a lot more with this companion. Whenever we have lunch break, we don't eat.. we sleep. It's really nice.

I love you all and I hope you are having a good week. If anyone wants to write me letters send pictures in your letters. I LOVE PICTURES! KAY BYEE!!


Hermana Shelby Lou DeLong

Comments

Popular Posts