Conference Week

This week has been yet another week in the mission feild. With the exception of the great General Conference we had this weekend. It was so amazing! History was made this weekend. Men are now allowed to serve missions at 18 (it was 19) and girls are allowed to serve when they ar 19 instead of 21! It is AMAZING! It's a fantastic opportunity and I wish I would've had that choice earlier, but hey I'm here now and that's what matters. I love the gospel, I love the church. I'm not sure if I told you about all the dancing jews in the street last week, but it was crazy. It was like a riot. There were about 100 jews outside in the middle of the street dancing. What else happened? We just had a normal week really. My companion is awesome and is helping me change my attitude and making me talk about things that bug me, and helping me to be a better person and trust more in the Lord. I love her. I hope when I get back everyone sees the change that has been made in me, my patience is getting better, but I still have a lot to work on. I'm just happy to have the chance to work on it, and really focus on that. We have a couple of new investigators, but they wont let us me with them because they give us wrong phone numbers or are never home. It's a lot of hit and miss out here, but eventually they will come to understand that this is what they need, and that the church needs them. WE need more faithful members in the church, we need people who understand the doctrine and that's why it's such an amazing opportunity to have younger ages for missionaries so that we can have more amazing and fully converted members in the church. There is still the danger of return missionaries forgetting their testimonies, or choosing to be lazy in the gospel and not taking up their cross to follow Christ. If anyone who is reading this is a return missionary, who has decided to become less active, you need to remember why you went on a mission, what you learmed there, and how you were converted, and if you weren't... then you should start now. Read the book of mormon every day and pray and go to church. STOP BEING LAZY. Anyways... sorry that was a tangent and kind of bold, but it's what's in my heart. I'm super excited to have a new baby neice soon. SHE IS GOING TO BE SO CUTE! I'm even more excited to get to hold a baby again when I get home. We are deprived of that privlege out here, but hey.. I can wait. Well, family.. I love you. I hope you are all happy and healthy.

 

Write me letters and emails! I love recieving them!

 

Shelby Lou

Comments

Popular Posts