Letter from Hermana DeLong

Hey Family and Friends!

Another week older here in the mission. On Saturday I hit my 4 Month mark. Can you believe I've been gone for 4 months? It doesn't feel like it's been that long! Then again, it feels like it's been longer. Well, this week we had some really cool things happen. On Tuesday night we went to a dinner at a members house and they brought 3 of their friends. It was really good and they are all new investigators now. They are really nice people and we are excited to meet with them again. Also, when we were there we had cerveche again. SOOO GOOD. It's a shrimp dish, but I'm pretty sure I told you that already. Also, I wanted to know if I was actually born in Ecuador or the United States, because I want to be from Ecuador. I love the people, and especially their food! We also went to a members house this week they are the Luna's they are from the Dominican Republic and they are super cool. We taught them about testimonies and how to have stronger testimonies. She made us platenos! I LOVE PLATENOS! They are so good. Her husband is less active and he came home just as we were leaving and we invited him to church and he CAME! He came to church! It was so great. He kind of reminds me of Dad because he is this BIG guy but actually pretty sweet.
Something sad that happened this week is that one of our investigators dropped us. Brenda. I don't know you remember me writing about her. But she dropped us this week. Which means she doesn't want to take the lessons from us anymore. She said she was watching TV and a catholic commercial came on the TV and she took that as her answer. We asked her if she had even READ the book of mormon and she said no. She didn't do her part. How is she going to get an answer if she doesn't do her part? The Book of Mormon changes lives, but it can't change lives if you don't read it. What happened was is that we were coming to her house from teaching with her daughter Maria Jose and as we were walking up to her building she was walking out with her husband. She came up to us and just said, "Hermanas, I don't want to listen to your lessons anymore. I'm never going to change." Her husband interrupted her and said, " I want to know more about your church. I want to change, and maybe if I change she will change too." So we are going to teach him on Thursday. His name is Richard. I didn't say a word. This entire time my companion was talking and trying to figure out what was going on and I just stood there. I knew that if I tried to talk I would cry. And I didn't want to cry in front of her AGAIN. So I didn't say anything. I just couldn't believe it. I have come to love her so much, and it's just so hard to see her not accept something that is so amazing and what will bring her back to God.
We taught a woman last night named Myra and she was so sweet. She said she just wanted to change and see the hand of God more in her life. So we taught her the restoration and she accepted a date to be baptized on September 16th. We are so excited!!!

Sorry that this isn't very detailed or anything. There are so many people in this room and I am really distracted. I want to write with more detail but I can't seem to focus. There are way too many people here. UGH. I hate this. Okay, whatever. I will try and attach pictures soon. I wrote a lot of letters this week. So you will get those soon.

Love,
Hermana DeLong

Comments

Popular Posts