Letter From Hermana DeLong July 9, 2012

Hola como estais?

Well it's only been a few days and in that few days a lot has happened. Let's start with my birthday... I woke up on my birthday and my companions had made me pancakes and the English Sisters from upstairs were there too. My desk was all decorated and so was the table where we eat. We had breakfast and the english sisters got me a present, just a bunch of snacks and a little notebook. It was so sweet of them. Then we had planning that day so we stayed in and studied and planned. Towards the end of planning the English Sisters surprised me with a cake (the cake you sent me in my package) it was awesome. So we ate cake and played pin the tail on the donkey. It was fun! After that we went out to a members house, Hermana Jean Joseph, she made a really good dinner, we had rice and ribs and salad and plantenos (which are planteens cooked on the stove) It was delish! Except for I still felt really sick. I don't know what it is but eating just makes me sick. I'm going to get it check out. I just think it's the change in food type. Lots of spicy and starchy foods. I don't know... Anyways.. she also made me a birthday cake and sang happy birthday to me. She is a really sweet lady and I love her. After that we went out to find this man we were reffered to. We couldn't find his house and we were lost and I felt really sick. So the ASL (Sign Language) Elders came out and picked us up.

After that we have just been trying to get a hold of people and praying that people would let us into their homes to teach them this beautiful gospel. Our Baptismal Commit Oscar has disappeared. His phone is out of service and everytime we go to his house he isn't there, and his roommates don't know where he is. So we are praying that we find him and that he still wants to listen to us. We met with a recent converts Mom two days ago and she was pretty receptive. During the lesson I just got really flustered and frustrated because I really wanted to share my feelings with her but I couldn't find the words in spanish. So I started to tear up. She told me.. "Tranquilo hermanita" I tried to calm down and just listen to the spirit. She came over and sat by me and held my hand for the next half of the lesson and I asked her to be baptized. She said no but she said she felt the spirit and that she knew that God loved her and that we loved her too. So we are hoping that when we go back to her house to teach her, she will have read the Book of Mormon and prayed to know of it's truth. Because if she were to read the Book of Mormon (or any person for that matter) with real intent, and pray to know of it's truth... she would receive an answer. I have no doubt in my mind. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. There is no book on this earth that will bring us closer to God than it. Together with the Bible it is the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I just can't wait to see someone change and make their way closer to the arms of God through it.

Let's see what else.. I opened my gifts on my birthday too! The skirts fit, and are awesome. Thank you Mom! I love them and think they are so cute. 

Yesterday was an Elder in my districts Birthday. I made him a birthday crown and we had a birthday dinner at the church in the kitchen. It was awesome. Hermana Palaez brought food for us. Then afterwards, later that night we went to the Montoyas house. I put a picture of that in this email too. We dinner with them too and it was pretty good. There was this corn and chili's dish that was really good. It was basically just corn and peppers and chilis and some green beans mixed together. I liked it. Earlier this week we had dinner at the Jimenez house and we had this drink that tastes just like an Orange Julius. It was BOMB. I learned how to make it... so when I get home I can make it for you. I think I'm going to start a receipe book or something. 

This upcoming week is going to be SUPER BUSY. We had interviews with President Calderwood this week and we are all super stoked for it. We also have an FHE with members planned almost every night and there is a Boda on Saturday (Wedding). Jeffery one, of the youth in our ward leaves for the MTC on Sunday night so on Friday we are going to his open house. He is serving in Salt Lake City South. He is really cool. (I know that because he speaks english too! hahaha) So yeah, between that and lessons and people to visit, we are going to have a packed week. Then next Monday we have a Mega Zone Conference which means my P-Day is on TUESDAY next week. So don't be freaked out when I don't email you until TUESDAY. Because we will be in meetings all day on Monday.

Okay well I'm going to attach pictures now! I hope you all have an awesome week and are doing well. Tell me what's going on around there. You can write me Dear Elders still (they cost now) and letters! Or you can email me and I will email you back next week. Love you all!

Comments

Popular Posts