May 3, 2012 Letter From Hermana DeLong


Hola!
 
Well, I've made it to the start of week 3. I have officially become one of those Hermanas that cries everyday. My companion on the other hand, hasn't shed a tear. It has been really hard and I've thought a lot about coming home, but I know that Heavenly Father has a purpose for me. I would reccomend a mission to anyone. Mainly because it doesn't hesistate at completely changing your character. It's like "bad habits" you can't have those. So you have to either change or drown in the water. It's crazy tough.  My comp keeps saying, "This isn't as tough as I thought it was going to be!" that bugs me... but whatever. I still love her. She keeps me calm, and when I freak out because we don't have enough time to prepare a lesson she just tells me to calm down. But I don't. I think that's the hardest part is teaching. Because as soon as I get into that appointment to teach all of the spanish I thought I knew just drops out of my head. Especially when I don't have time to prepare. I have been labeled the "Perfectionist" of our district. I guess that's not always a bad thing, but it's whatever.
 
Let's see.. last night a bunch of Elders in our zone came into our class room and sang Taylor Swift songs to us. We got in trouble later for that, but it was fun at the time. There is one Elder who can sing saprano! He is hilarious. We got to go to the temple today and it was great, we also got a picture of our entire district today at the temple. All eleven of us! There are a lot of people in my district compared to other districts. I'm going to send pictures home once I get them printed off. It takes about a week to get pictures printed off, and the computers don't work to just download them.. so I'm stuck sending them home.
 
Nothing else has really happened this week. I'm trying to think of something cool. I don't remember what I emailed about last week so it's hard. OH. We get to watch a church movie on Sunday night and we went to see the LEGACY which is a pioneer movie. And there are a bunch of kissing scenes in it. Whenever they would kiss the entire crowd of missionaries would go SHHHHHHHHHHH. It was funny, until it got annoying. I love Sunday and Tuesday and Thursday because we have devotionals the first two and Thursday is P-Day.
 
I think the thing I am learning from the mission the most is to trust in God. I have a really hard time doing that for some reason. I can't quite pin-point it, but it's probably pride and selfishness. I just get so frustrated with myself and want to do better, but then I hit a road block. I am trying really hard to be the best that I can and do everything I can to trust in the Lord. I really am. If there is anything someone could learn from my struggles right now it would be to BUILD FAITH. Build faith now, don't wait until your in the MTC and are struggling to stay afloat. Just take a leap of faith and put your heart into it. This life a test, and Heavenly Father has given us the answers we just have to trust him and work hard.
 
OH! I forgot. BIG NEWS! you know our investigator ateo? Well, ateo ended up being our other Teacher. His real name is ndy, or Hermano ernandez. He is really cool, and he is still playing his character of ateo so we can continue to teach. He came into our class this week and was like... what's up I KNOW ENGLISH! I'm from Provo. It was a slap in the face. We kind of guessed that he was our teacher but at the same time, it was like.... but your ateo. Our other teacher Hermana etzel started her character that we are to teach now, this week. Her name is oemi (No-em-ee) and she is from Guatamala and she  is catholic and is 65 years old. Her son is possesed by an evil spirit, but he is LDS and so is her daughter. She has been investigating the church for 30 years. So it's pretty intense. We started teaching in the TRC lab this week too. (It's where you teach members) It was really intense.
 
Anyways. I love you guys, my time is up, I'm acutally going over right now.
If you could write me letters that would be great! I got some great letters yesterday and they made my day so much better! Letters help me get through the day and we get mail twice a day... My comp gets like 6 letters a day and a package every-other-day it's nuts. But it keeps her happy! So WRITE ME! (I can't believe I'm a begging missionary.)
 
Adios!
Nos Vamos!
 
Hermana DeLong

Comments

Popular Posts