May 17, 2012 Letter From Hermana DeLong


First... Elder anne says hi.
 
I couldn't get through my email if I didn't type that. So yeah... Hey everyone! How are ya'll doing? We have an Elder from Texas in our zone so his speech wears off on me. I should be learning spanish... anyways... Well I tried to do something a little different this week. I wrote down different thoughts that I wanted to share with you during the week in a notebook and I'm going to try and talk about them.... so here we go.
 
Elder avo is this cool Polyensian guy in our district. He is so funny, and he has such a great spirit. Last week I was feeling really stressed out and he told me to calm down and just listen to the spirit. After he did, I had such a better day. He always helps me when I need something and I'm glad he is in my district. He and his companion haven't recieved their patriartichal blessings yet, so they are getting them today! It's awesome. Speaking of Elder avo's companion, his name is Elder ones. Elder ones was called to be our new district leader on Sunday! Things haven't changed much, but Elder razelton, our old district leader is way less stressed... which is good.
 
Something that I'm really learning out on the mission is patience. Patience in my lessons, in my spanish, with my companion, my district, and myself. I'm not a naturally patient person. I've prayed and asked the Lord to take my heart out and replace it with a new one, but he won't. He just keeps telling me to change and work through the growing pains. I'm hoping when I get home I will be compeletly different in some ways. But in others, the same.
 
I've really been wanting to figure out a way to highlight my book of Mormon and bible so I can find scriptures more easily. I really stink at highlighting and organizing my scriptures. I just love EVERY WORD! Speaking of the Book of Mormon. It is the most true book on the face of the earth. I love it so much. This Monday we started doing this "revelation through the book of mormon" lecture and I wasn't completely sure if I KNEW it was true. But I know now. I know because today in the Temple I could feel it. Not only that, everytime I read it, I know it's for me. It's amazing. READ IT! It is another testament of Jesus Christ. It together with the Bible complete the gospel and help us return to our Heavenly Father.
 
We have two investigators. ateo and oemi. ateo is getting baptized on teh 24th of this month, and oemi isn't. I asked oemi to be baptized in a lesson last week and she said no. She didn't really have a reason, and it hurt. I want her to see how much this gospel can help her in her life, but she just doesn't see it yet. She will though. I know it.
 
My companion Hermana illiams likes to play volleyball outside at the sand-courts. Last week she went to dive for a ball and fell on her neck/head. We had to go to the doctor because she pulled a muscle pretty bad, but she is doing much better today. She is so funny, I love her. I'm glad we are companions and not anyone else. We saw these two sisters who came to the MTC yesterday last night. When in your residence hall you don't have to be next to your companion and they didn't know that. So the one sister was sitting on a chair in the bathroom waiting for her companion. We told her she didn't have to stay next to her and her companion said... WAIT I'M  ALMOST DONE! Then she busted out of the shower in her towel and poked her in the back and said... FOLLOW FOLLOW FOLLOW!  Basically I am soooooooo greatful for the companion I have.
 
We have been so lucky lately for devotionals! Another apostle came and spoke to us on tuesday. L. Tom Perry! It was so good. He spoke about the priesthood and how important it is to our church. He also bore testimony of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon, which is exactly what I needed. Something he said that really stuck out to me was "The priesthood is the authority by which God saves souls." It's only by proper priesthood authority that we are baptized or sealed to our families! It's so true. In district meeting right after our Branch President talked about how we need to learn to love otherss more than ourselves. It's so true! I have such a deep love for people now. I still get annoyed with some people, but I'm trying to be better. I really am trying.
 
Last night we got back to our dorm and we were in the middle of changing when the fire alarm went off. We all ran outside to the grass and it was crazy. Girls were out there with their hair wrapped up in towels and everything. I put a big cardigan on and forgot my name-tag and was wearing flip flops and a skirt. We stood outside for like 10 minutes. Come to find out some Sister on my floor was cooking popcorn and left it in the microwave too long and it lit on fire. The fire truck didn't come or anything but our floor smells SOOOOO bad! The things that happen in the MTC.
 
Anyways.. I'm just so glad to be here. Sitting in the temple today was amazing. I could feel the spirit so strong just reminding me that I am here for a reason and I have a purpose, in life and on my mission. Thanks to everyone that wrote me this week. Letters are my saving grace! Keep them coming! I've been here a MONTH already! Can you believe it?? Just one more month to go! Which means, one more month of free letters. So get on Dear Elder and write me!! Okay?
 
Great.
 
Oh and JANAYE! If you are out there... write me back. I just want to know you are alive.
 
Love you all so much!!!
 
Hermana DeLong

Comments

Popular Posts