Letter From Hermana DeLong May 24, 2012


Hello family! It's been a crazy week here at the MTC. I am writing my email abnormally early, we got done at the temple today fast. We were only there for an hour or so. It was nice to be done so early, not that I don't like the temple, but it's good to get out and just have TIME. We always feel like we don't have enough time in the day, and it makes things feel stressful, even on P-Day.
 
Anyways, I just wanted to write a quick note especially for the DeLong family. I love you all, and I am so sad that Grandpa is gone. He is such a great man. I love him so much. But I want you all to know what I think. The whole reason why I am here on a mission is to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know without a doubt that we will see Grandpa again. I know that. Because of the great plan that God has for us, we will see him. I also know that there are opportunities for our entire family to be an eternal family, living with God again. This is part of my testimony, and I know it to be true. I feel so much comfort, even in the passing of family, because I know that things will be okay. There is nothing that could shake my faith of that. I found out on Monday afternoon about Grandpa, and was just so sad that I couldn't be there with you all to give hugs and support. Just know that I love you and that the whole family is in my thoughts and prayers daily.
 
Other than that, I've had some difficult things I've been trying to get over lately. I had a break-down with my companion the other day on patience and expectations. Our teacher Hermano ernandez talked to us and told us that expectations are poision. You can't set expectations for others, because you don't know their true abilties, and even when you do, if they fail to meet your expectations, you become angry and irritated. This anger and irritation leads to huge failures in a companionship. I just keep learnign everyday how much I lack patience and how much I need it. It will come with time, but not without pain, and some uncomfortable moments. Changing your heart and mind, is not easy, but it is what the Lord wants for me. So, I'm trying to be okay with repeating myself 4 or 5 times a day, and not being on time anywhere we go. It's okay. Because I am doing my best, and I think the Lord accepts that.
 
I got a new calling this week. On Sunday I was called to be the coordinating sister. It's kind of like a Relief Society President for my zone. My calling is to take care of the sisters in my zone and attend a lot of district meetings, to try and help everyone in the Zone get along and be happy. I like it so far, but it's only been a few days. It is going to be good though!
 
The past week I got an awesome package from JANAYE! She is awesome, I love you JANAYE! It was great, it was all SUN themed and had so much good stuff in it, I can't even explain. I also got some good stuff from Jordan and Mom this week too. It was a good week mail and package wise, I love hearing from family and friends and I usually can write back pretty quickly, I wake up early and have a few minutes to wait before we leave our room for class, so it's nice.
 
I'm having trouble with the language. My teacher keeps saying, "you're doing soooo good!" then he says it in Spanish and I don't understand. I've been trying to relax, but it's hard... because I want to be the best missionary I can be, and I know I can push myself more to be better. I just know it. I just have to find a good balance between it all. I can talk to people in spanish and do an entire lesson without speaking any english. So that's good! My spanish grammar is horrible though, so I'm scared to write something here in spanish, because I'm pretty sure anyone who actually knows would correct me like no body's business.
 
Despite the circumstances it was so good to talk to family on the phone on Monday. I apologize again for waiting to call so late. I wanted to make sure you were home and I didn't think everyone would be there! I loved hearing your voices and being able to talk to you for 20 whole minutes! In a month I can talk to you for longer! I got a phone card for the airport that has 500 minutes on it! WOO! Anyways... enough of that.
 
We've been working out at the gym where there are classes at least twice a week, and my legs are so sore! Last week it was more core, but yesterday we did legs... so I'm cryin'. It's a version of insanity and there are a couple of other sisters that do it with us! It's great! I just wish all the food here wasn't so fatty, I think I've gained at least 8 or 10 pounds! OOPS! We are going to try and be better this week though.
 
They are no longer printing pictures for us here at the MTC so I can't send you any more pictures, and I can't download still, so it's just an all-around-bummer. When I get into the feild I will spend my first P-day trying to send you pictures... so you will SEE me in a month. :(. Sorry!
 
One last thing before I head out... I just want to thank everyone who writes me. It's so good to hear from everyone and to be uplifted by your kind words and letters. I'm doing so much better! Yes, I have bad days but things are getting to be better. I love it here. I love being a missionary! When someone looks at you and accepts baptisim, it is a feeling you can't deny. It is so great!! I want everyone to know that I know that Heavenly Father loves me! He is the father of my spirit! He is the one who helps me when I am down, and I am going to put all of my trust in him. Because without him, I would fail. I love you all! I'm sorry this is such a serious letter, I didn't write everything down this week.. boo!
 
LOVE YOU!!
 
Yo se que Jesucristo es me salvador y redentor. Yo se que la iglesia de Jesucristo de los santos de los ultimos dias es verdadero. Este es el mejor tiempo de mi vida! En el nombre de Jesucristo amen.

Comments

Popular Posts