April 26, 2012 Letter From Hermana DeLong


Hola!
 
Como esta?
 
All is good here at the MTC, or as we like to lovingly call it, spiritual prison. I'm doing much better today because it's P-DAY! I love P-day so much. We got to go to the temple today and I did two family names. It was great. I love the temple and am so glad we get to go there every week. Let's see what's going on here... ummm... Tuesday night we heard from ussell M. elson one of the Apostles. It was a great talk on the doctrine of the church. He reminded us that we are already on the winning team, all we have to do is get everyone on our side. It's great to be a missionary. We also heard from tephen llen one of the seventy of the church (I think) on Sunday night and he talked about how we need to be strong missionaries and really just get out there and give it all we've got. I forgot my other journal in the classroom or else I would give specifics.
 
This week was hard. Really hard. My companion and I are really good friends but we never seem to be on the same page when it comes to studying and working. I'm a perfectionist and it bugs me that I can't get the language down and really say what I want to say. yson illiams is one of my teachers, (a guy I knew in high school) and he told me I have "student council brain" which is true. I'm really glad he is one of my teachers, he helps me out so much. I think it is a huge blessing that he is here because it has been really hard and he has helped me out a ton. I don't want to sound like I'm dying but I haven't gone a day without crying yet. Which is horrible. Because I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in my distric that cries in class. I just get so frustrated with myself. I need to learn patience and to just give my best and not think that I'm failing all the time.
 
My district got another Elder in it, and he was here for seven weeks before, then he got a liver dieses and had to go home for two months. Now he is back and has to start all over again from the beginning. He is one of those Elders that is "too cool for school" so his attitude is starting to bring some contention into our district. I love my district like family, so we are working on it. All the Hermanas prayed together for unity and blessings for our district, and I think it has been helping. All the Elders in my district are so funny though, they are all SOOOO different. One of the Hermana's, Hermana erkley has the longest hair ever. Her hair is four and a half feet long. It's crazy long. I call her Rapunzel in my head.
 
Despite how difficult it is being here and how hard it's going to be being a missionary. I love it. I feel the spirit everyday and am so glad when I learn something new. I can't wait to go to Nueva York and teach the people there. I only have ten minutes left and I wanted to try and upload some pictures... Thank you ordan for the package with the chips and queso. We ate like fat girls last night. Thank you en for the popcorn esta muy bueno! Spanish is coming along but not at a fast speed, so keep me in your prayers. PLEASE WRITE ME LETTERS! Use Dear Elder and write me. I might not write back for a while, but letters are the best part of my day. SERIOUSLY. That and when our investigator ateo felt the spirit for the first time. AWESOME.
 
Sorry I'm not super full on info I've been busy. I know I'm going to forget a lot, but I want to try and upload pictures!
 
Nos Vamos!
Hermana  DeLong
 
Grr.. never mind. I can't figure it out! I guess I wont be able to get you guys pictures until I leave the MTC. It's not working.
 
SORRY!

Comments

Popular Posts