Update - March 10, 2012

Life has been crazy lately. Not that much is happening to keep me busy, but things are just moving a long at a fast enough speed to have me thinking, time is going too fast! In just over a month I will be entering the MTC in Provo to go on my mission, and in less than a week I will be going to the temple for the first time. I am so excited! Everything is coming along, and it's about time for my big adventure to start. It feels like I've been waiting for this forever. At the same time, it seems like I'm not ready. I haven't been studying spanish, or preach my gospel as much as I want to, and I just feel incredibly ill-prepared. I guess that is what the MTC is for.

Work is taking over my life, and after being sick this week and taking a few days off, I can see that. I can see how much I work and how often I dismiss events because of my job. That doesn't mean I don't love working. I do. I love to work hard, and have long days because they pay off in the end. It's lucky that I love my second job, because if I didn't I probably wouldn't like working so much. I hate missing out on things with my family and friends because of work, but I know that my strong work-ethic is going to help me in the future. Especially with being a missionary. I might not be the best missionary out there, but I will definitely work as hard as I can. No wasted hours here!

It blows my mind that some people can just sit and not do something. I remember what it was like to not have a job, and be able to do ANYTHING or nothing at all, and it makes me sad. I wasted so much time. Yeah, it was fun for a little while, but I didn't really get anything from it.

Life has been crazy because; work, being sick, getting ready to go to the temple, getting mission stuff, trying to be a better friend, and just the other million little things that come up daily. That's just how life is!

This upcoming week is going to be great. I go to the temple, and then Janaye and I are going to go to California and go to Blair and Rachel's wedding. I am so excited for them! It's going to be a great day. I am also really excited to go on a mini road trip with my best friend! I am going to miss her TONS when I leave.

Life is good, and I wouldn't change a thing! Except for maybe to get rid of this nasty cough I have! haha

Comments

Popular Posts