MY PERSONAL BEST.

I've had a lot on my mind lately. When I work at the lawyers office, I put in my headphones and listen to the Mormon Channel. It's a radio station with a bunch of different programs that you can listen to and hear, uplifting music, inspirational stories, and conversations with General Authorities. It is a REALLY good station, and very inspiring.

Something that I realized while listening is that, although the stories are inspirational and amazing, they make me sad. Mainly because, I don't feel like I'm good enough. Which is stupid, and doesn't make sense. I listen to them and I think, "If that were me, would I feel the same way?"

There was this one story with a girl named Megan. When she was young she was out hiking with her friend in St. George. She was jumping from boulder to boulder and suddenly, she went to jump and she fell, 30 feet, off a cliff. She broke both of her legs and arms, and her neck. Leaving her paralyzed from the chest down. This girl was SO HAPPY. She was positive. Despite all of the trials that came along with her "last jump" she insisted that she would do it again. She wouldn't want her life to be any-other-way.

How. On. Earth.

During her interview she recounted a dream she had while she was in the hospital. She dreamt that she was dressed in white, and sitting at a picnic table with a man. She was signing papers, and the man was telling her about how she would be paralyzed, unable to walk. She was readily agreeing with him and signing away on all the papers. Insisting that SHE could handle it, and that SHE would do all she could to bring her brothers and sisters back with her.

Now let me get to my point. My point is, first; I am not her. I am not anyone but myself, and my trials are different from other people's trials. Second, this makes me wonder what types of papers I signed. What I agreed to do before I got here, and what I knew before this time here on earth.

I can tell you what I do know. I know that my life is not mine, but it's not the same as anyone else. I know that before I came to earth, I chose to follow Christ. I fought in the war in heaven, so that I could have my right to choose. I understood the fullness of the plan, and with time and learning I can understand it again. Heavenly Father has a plan for me. A great and marvelous plan, that has it's highs and lows. God is indeed great, and if I do MY PERSONAL BEST, and leave the rest to him, he will ensure my return to live again with him.

Comments

Popular Posts