Journal Entries 2/19 & 2/22

Journal Entry: 02/19/12

Today was again, a humbling and eye-opening day. I went to church at Meadow's 4th Ward so that I could attend my Temple Prep class. I am really excited to go to the temple, and I love to sit in that class and learn. I also love sitting in church with the Canfield's, Blair is one of my greatest friends of all time and I'm glad that he has been in my life for so long. I can't wait to see him marry his best friend soon. Rachel wasn't there today, and I missed having her there. She is such a fun girl, with a great heart.

I spoke with the Sister Missionaries after class and found out one of them, her name is Shelby. Which is rare, and awesome. They want me to go out with them sometime, and I would love to, but I work so often. I just can't take time off right now because I need to save more money for my mission. 56 Days! Or something like that, not too far off.

I also went to my ward and the greatest thing happened. I was so humbled, and felt so grateful for a thoughtful relief society president. Estee, was so great. She bought me a few pieces of clothing for my mission. Something she definitely didn't have to do, but did for me. I couldn't be more thankful for a girl like her. She really is great, and she is so modest. I love her for her thoughtfulness and her kind heart. I know God loves her so much, she is just the best.

This taught me to be more in tune with what others need, and see where I can serve others. I am not the best at service, and her good deed reminded me to be better.

-Shelby

Journal Entry: 2/22/12

Today I listened to a interview with Heidi Swinton. She is the author of President Monson's biography. Her story is so cool, and she has a lot of faith. She was on a mission in England with her husband when the Prophet called her and asked her to write his biography. I think that would be the neatest thing to do. It got me really thinking that I need to write my own personal history, and I started to write a brief time-line of my life with as much detail as possible. My hand cramped up about 5 minutes in, so I'm pretty sure I am going to have to type it. (Is that lazy or just efficient?)

I also had a big lesson taught to me today. As I sat at work in the back office, studying for temple prep class I started to feel overwhelmed. In the past, I have done things that I'm not proud of. Who hasn't? I feel I have repented of those things, and I have been forgiven. But sometimes, I look back on those things and the feeling of being forgiven fades away. I know and understand that, that feeling is not of God. God loves me, and knows I'm trying to be better. He wants me to be LIKE HIM. Satan on the other hand, doesn't want me to be happy, he wants me to feel guilty and sad. Although my past sins are to be learned of, I don't believe they are to be wallowed in. I can't change what I did in the past, but I can change what I do in the future.

God confirmed to me, as I sat at that back desk, that I am loved and that if I do my best to be close to him, he will help me the rest of the way. Going to the temple is a huge step in my life. I am excited to go, and I know that I will be happy in the temple. Satan is not allowed there, and so the temple will be my greatest source of peace. Especially as I prepare to serve a mission. I need the spirit with me, and the temple will help me keep it there.

-Shelby

Comments

Popular Posts