Thought-Box

Dear Thought-Box,

My thoughts come to me when I'm driving. ALWAYS when I'm driving. I think it might be because, besides working 70 hours a week, the rest of my time is either driving or sleeping. So here are a few thoughts.

I intended, at the beginning of the New Year to be better. To love people as Christ loves them. Why is that so hard? I don't understand how I can have an undying love for someone, then just clasp it off at any moment. (That is another thought entirely) What is it about the human soul that makes us so weak? There are multiple answers I'm sure. I just don't understand how some people can go through life, loving everyone they meet.

You know the person, the one who is always happy. Who is somber in hard times, but tells you "things will be okay, they really are good" and they mean it. Who are these people? Except for my idols. What I don't understand, and I want someone to explain to me, is when you do ALL you feel you can for someone, and they still treat you like dirt, how do you go on treating them kindly? Christ forgave, Christ forgives. "Forgive them for they know not what they do." This may be blaspheme, but I'm pretty sure my enemies KNOW exactly what they are doing. Not even enemies in particular, just people who are rude, stupid, and cocky on purpose. People who I don't get along with.

What about them?

Of course, I know the answer. LOVE THEM. But how? It's not my right to reign justice down upon them with a rude retort, or a sarcastic remark. It's not my right to be rude to someone, or speak horribly of someone. It's not my right. The only people that would have that ability, (even though they would not be rude to anyone, but they would serve justice) are God and Christ. They are there to make sure justice is paid, and I am not at liberty to sign those checks.

If there were one thing I would love to learn right now, it would be to be able to deflect people's mean and rude words. Instead of saying things back, and being horrible to others. Because when one person gets me angry or upset, the rest of my day is ruined. I just want have that heart and that love to forgive instantly, and move on quickly and quietly from destructive people. Knowing that by loving them, or trying to, I have made it one step closer to eternity.

Because to me, that's what it's all about.

Sincerely yours,
Shelby

Comments

Popular Posts