Give Me A Break


(I screen captured this picture from Marissa D's website. It's from Lauren's wedding in December.)

I've been hard on myself a lot the past year or so. I think I've realized that more and more recently. I expect a lot from myself, and when I don't meet my own expectations, I can be really cruel. It's funny to think that you can go to battle without leaving your house. Funny because, there is no cause and there is no justice. What are you going to prove? That you can beat yourself to a pulp, and only slightly recover? It makes no sense.

That is why I'm here to say. I am great. I am worth it. I am a daughter of God. I have redeeming qualities.

One. I love to share my testimony. It doesn't matter who it is with, or where. I will share my testimony. I don't know everything, but I do know that God loves me. Which is good enough to share with the world.

Two. I have great love for my family. I can't always actively do what they need me to do, or be where they need me to be. BUT I can love them with all of my heart and soul, no conditions.

Three. I am a hard worker. I am dedicated to working, and to completing tasks that are given to me. I can do things quickly, efficiently, and right. (With proper instruction.)

Four. I am good with kids. I make up fun games, and cool activities to do with them, that don't involve watching TV or playing video games. I love kids, and I feel like I am a fun adult to be with, but also someone who knows how to lay down the law.

I haven't got much else on my mind that I am good at, but I know these few things. I try really hard to, be a good friend, love everyone I meet, stay positive, be patient, read the scriptures, pray, and have fun. All of those things are important to me, and with time I can get better at them. It just takes practice.

Comments

Popular Posts